Just Wondering . . .

jollyjoker

Reaction score
20230726_201649.jpg
Came across this (empty) notebook at a swap meet a few weeks back. I know that it's supposed to contain a data book, but I was wondering if anybody knew what year? From the font/design/colors I'm guessing maybe the early 60s . . . ?

Thanks to all . . . !

Ross Roy would have been the name of either the fleet company or a dealer that did a lot of fleet sales.
Dodge would have put together the comparisons to woo the fleet company.
Cool find but even cooler if you had the meat that went with the potatoes! , Lol!

Ross Roy would have been the name of either the fleet company or a dealer that did a lot of fleet sales.
Dodge would have put together the comparisons to woo the fleet company.
Cool find but even cooler if you had the meat that went with the potatoes! , Lol!
Nope, Ross Roy was a marketing company that Chrysler contracted with well into the ‘60s at least.

Yes, it's interesting to note that the first descriptor is "Ross Roy Data Book". By the mid-60s, they were simply listed as "Data Book" w/o any reference to Ross Roy. MANY of the items which were sent to the Dealer in the 50s and 60s made reference to the Ross Roy marketing company - MTSCs, filmstrips, training aids, etc . . . As an aside - wonder if the Ross Roy company even exists anymore? Or, if not, when did it go away . . . ?

Yes, it's interesting to note that the first descriptor is "Ross Roy Data Book". By the mid-60s, they were simply listed as "Data Book" w/o any reference to Ross Roy. MANY of the items which were sent to the Dealer in the 50s and 60s made reference to the Ross Roy marketing company - MTSCs, filmstrips, training aids, etc . . . As an aside - wonder if the Ross Roy company even exists anymore? Or, if not, when did it go away . . . ?
Detroit's Own Mad Men

Back