What are you working on today??

I was changing the oil on a customers 07 Pacifica and the first time in almost 30 yrs of automotive I had to remove a dead cat from under the hood. I was a bad day for the poor kitty

I was changing the oil on a customers 07 Pacifica and the first time in almost 30 yrs of automotive I had to remove a dead cat from under the hood. I was a bad day for the poor kitty

Holy crap! Poor kitty. Was it the customer's cat? Did it crawl up there to die or did it get injured from the running engine?

Many years ago on a cold day I stopped at an office building for a meeting. Maybe an hour later I came back and started up the car only to hear several big loud thuds from under the hood. Shut her down and got out only to see a very alive cat that had got caught in the fan belt. He didn't last long but got maybe 10 feet away. So sad. That vision has stuck with my all these years. Wasnt pretty. Belts had to be replaced.

I had hopped to finish up replacing the left rear quarter window regulator in the Polara that I got from Bennie this morning. I've got it in place and adjusted as best I can but seems to be missing one roller retainer clip. Ordered, so will be a few more days.
The driver door glass is missing the front slider and that's compounding the issue. Gotta try and find one Ot them now.

I had hopped to finish up replacing the left rear quarter window regulator in the Polara that I got from Bennie this morning. I've got it in place and adjusted as best I can but seems to be missing one roller retainer clip. Ordered, so will be a few more days.
The driver door glass is missing the front slider and that's compounding the issue. Gotta try and find one Ot them now.
The ones that run in the vent window channel? Those are reproduced now.

Holy crap! Poor kitty. Was it the customer's cat? Did it crawl up there to die or did it get injured from the running engine?
I didn't get a chance to ask him if it was his. Warm engine, cold weather, I think it crawled up there to keep warm and when it tried to get out, it got stuck. It was stuck between the cooler lines and a wiring harness

Out on the farm we usually had 4-5 barn cats running around. My Polara ate a few kitties in its day. They would crawl up by the warm engine and then would panic when it started and run into the fan. Mom made us learn to honk the horn before we cranked to flush them out safely.

Good Afternoon All
Finished installing the gauges in the 'Party Barge'. As is has aftermarket A/C, suitable gauge locations are few. Found the gauge pods on E Bay. The mounting plastic was some scrap from another project. Took a little while to figure out how to contour the plastic to the dash. The other issue to overcome was to utilize the existing mounting holes. I dislike putting extra holes in panels.
Seat View:
IMG_1108.JPG

Door View:
IMG_1110.JPG

Last edited:
No big deal, but today I installed the NOS antenna mast on the Sport Fury that Hilltop Auto Parts supplied to me. Just one more piece to complete her...

20220213_132403.jpg

Unfortunately there is salt on the roads, so a test drive was not possible :(

Took apart my AC compressor as I wanted to go through it anyways. I swear, some of the stuff looked brand new if it wasn't already: I was really impressed with what I saw.

I even took the clutch off without that special tool: I had a scraper nearby, one of those that has the cuts built into the metal (similar to this: )
hyde-paint-scrapers-blades-02977-64_1000.jpg

Put that inside the slot, and threaded it right out without an issue (it hooked onto one of those bumps on the clutch plate, and from there you just had to hold it while putting pressure on your wrench). Anyways, after that, it was really self explanatory how to disassemble it. The only thing is I ran into a bit of a SNAFU: One of the piston's connecting rod bolts absolutely would not unscrew (it's 3/16th - the first one worked fine), but the second piston absolutely would not budge. The socket would just skip over the threads. I'm not really sure what the issue is because the rod doesn't seem seized (the AC compressor spins fine) and the rod itself doesn't look melted or otherwise warped - and the bolt head doesn't seem stripped either. That was my only issue in an otherwise perfectly disassembly.

Anyways, the pictures:
exup6Jw.png

iS3vLpQ.png

76Otgir.png

eF6V7hj.png

sy4RNbn.png

Cf9RBFz.png

I know they sell (or used to, anyways) those rebuild gasket kits for the RV2, so if I can ever get that second piston out I'm giving everything a THOROUGH cleaning and soak and then using that kit to put everything back together.

I pulled this apart last week at work and sent the heads out to be flattened.

F350.jpg

F350-2.jpg

F350-3.jpg

F350-4.jpg

F350-5.jpg

This is actually the easiest way to work on the engine, in the Ford tech info they have cab on or cab off methods of head removal. I would hate to do it with the cab on.

Nothing as intense as dissecting a Ford Pick-up.
I just added some courtesy lights under the dash of the 'Party Barge'. Tomorrow it goes to the upholstery shop to get the headliner and windlace replaced. (Today it is SNOWING).

The end of this project is insight......

Back