What are you working on today??

Removed carb, cleaned it up, new seals etc, put it back together...and she still started!! lol. Also removed the rear trim piece where the boot cover attaches to so I could see what the broken and missing tabs looked like. Going to research and order some now.

Boat on stands in dry dock
IMG_5519.JPG
IMG_5511.JPG
parts procured ready to stop trans fluid leak also painting grill. Now i need to find stainless clips for the grill as i broke almost all of them.

I swapped out the bed on my plow truck with a used/new to me bed. The old one was getting really tough. Too many Michigan winter's.
I lucked out and my replacement is the same color.

This is what's left of the old one
IMG_20190525_174130412.jpg

IMG_20190525_174137593.jpg

IMG_20190525_174159282_HDR.jpg

Both of these pic's are holes from under the bed liner
IMG_20190525_174204902.jpg

IMG_20190525_174146619.jpg

I knew it was getting tough, but I didn't know it and a hole at the rear and hole in the wheel well

I swapped out the bed on my plow truck with a used/new to me bed. The old one was getting really tough. Too many Michigan winter's.
I lucked out and my replacement is the same color.

This is what's left of the old one
View attachment 288945
View attachment 288946

View attachment 288947

Both of these pic's are holes from under the bed linerView attachment 288949
View attachment 288948

I knew it was getting tough, but I didn't know it and a hole at the rear and hole in the wheel well
:wideyed: And I thought you were being a bit dramatic over on FTO!

:wideyed: And I thought you were being a bit dramatic over on FTO!
It was getting really tough. I will take a pic of the cab corners, scary stuff there. It will probably get repaired and then just see winter duty instead of daily, year around. It gives me a excuse to get the 91 running.:D

Working on the powerstroke lately... Had a really funky firing issue where my injectors were picking up in power randomly. It wasn't a misfire, and it was never on the same cylinder. Best way to describe how it was acting was like a distributor with water under the cap. Long story short, one of my injector wires rubbed through and was grounding out on the engine. Took me forever to find it, but it feels healthy again.
418EBD32-0D16-4820-BDBD-5E277F2EB649.jpeg

Working on the powerstroke lately... Had a really funky firing issue where my injectors were picking up in power randomly. It wasn't a misfire, and it was never on the same cylinder. Best way to describe how it was acting was like a distributor with water under the cap. Long story short, one of my injector wires rubbed through and was grounding out on the engine. Took me forever to find it, but it feels healthy again.
View attachment 294642
7.3?

After a little over 2 years of going without I now have the AC redone on my 68 Sport Fury convertible thanks to my good friend Randy, local Mopar guru and all around car-whisperer. It took me a while to decide if I wanted to have the original compressor refurbished and converted to R-134 or if I should go with a modern Sanden compressor. My Mopar buddies are split about evenly on this, OEM vs. modern, and I initially thought keeping it all looking stock was the best way to go. However, after much thought and consideration eventually settled on going with a new Sanden compressor. It was installed last week and it works really well. My car has the climate control option so that gives me a little trouble, but only a little. If the AC does not come on when I want it to I simply press Defrost and the fan starts, then I press Auto (on) and the system switches over to AC and seems to work well. I was driving it around Wednesday evening to celebrate and it went off and on just like it was supposed to, so I am pretty happy with it so far.

I went with a Sanden compressor in black (vs. silver), the bracket to mount it come from Bouchillon Performance, and the lines, hoses and fittings came from Rock Auto and my local parts stores. We did run in to a clearance issue with the cleaner, which is stock, but we solved that with a quick trip to the junkyard to find a longer piece of tubing for clearance and welded that in. Other than that the only challenge was finding the right fan belts. The belts that were supposed to fit didn't, but after a couple trips to the parts store (we found several of the belts were mis-labeled from the manufacturer and had to go back) that problem was also solved. I got the convertible because I love toodling around with the top down, but when it really gets hot I am also very happy to have AC.

Now I just need to get my cruise control working again (it stopped working after the rebuild 2 years ago at the same time I disconnected the AC compressor), get Bluetooth enabled on my AM/8-Track and replace the 3 speakers in the dash and the one in the back seat and I should be ready for just about anything.

:thumbsup:

Here are some pictures so everyone can see how it all come together and what it looks like.
AC Install 1.JPG
AC Install 2.JPG
AC Install 3.JPG

Worked on modifying stand to lock down back of bike to remove front wheel. Speedo drive is goofy. New seat cover seating loose waiting for stretch

20190625_114759.jpg

Was going to start a new thread then thought I better search the site first...found this one and thought I would send it back up to the top with my schtuff I'm working on. ;)

Bought a new car trailer end of 2016, 16' with a 10K lbs GVW, done a ton of miles (15-20K miles) with it in the 4 years I have owned it and figured I should pull the drums and check everything. Got the trailer into the shop and up in the air and got things apart..

DSARF9oh.jpg

..sure enough the inner hub seals were all starting to go, some worse then others but nothing a good cleaning, a tub of bearing grease and 4 new seals won't solve. ;)

KSefWoDh.jpg

Thought I would get the bearings and hubs all cleaned up in the old parts washer while I wait for the seals to show up, been a long time since I used it and when I turned it on it was mostly sucking air, so need a pail of solvent.

gWcT6T2h.jpg

And once the trailer is back down on the wheels I need to fix/relocate the jack....hit the ground when pulling out of a parking lot last year.

My2lLU1h.jpg

Sorry for that, it was turquise before. ordered the wrong can.
Should I Need to pull the engine some time, it will get the right Color. At least it matches the valve covers.

Some scavenge finds this week...

50-60's?? 8mm film projector..in original case, screen and old family film reels.

1Ma7h4Yh.jpg

kiME7g4h.jpg

The projector is missing the bulb and replacements are 100+ USD with shipping to Canada on top of that!! So I've been researching cheap alternatives.

Then found a 80's? Craftsman 10" radial arm saw. Been sitting outside for a number of years, but motor fired right up and seems to run well.

BnbFS4Oh.jpg

NnCtUOyh.jpg

All the height and angle adjustments are pretty much seized so I will have to tear it completely apart and clean everything and then re-assemble.

Then found a 80's? Craftsman 10" radial arm saw. Been sitting outside for a number of years, but motor fired right up and seems to run well.

BnbFS4Oh.jpg

nnctuoyh-jpg.jpg

All the height and angle adjustments are pretty much seized so I will have to tear it completely apart and clean everything and then re-assemble.
I just went through my basement and I have one of those! Also a Makita saw. Haven't checked their condition yet.

I've been working on this taking up all my weekend time and spending all my money buying parts, power steering pump and reservoir, alternator, lower coolant line from the water pump to lower radiator hose and rear coolant line replaced due to rust, and new brakes pads, rotors, lines, and calipers
20200219_111251.jpg
20200219_111242.jpg
20200219_111231.jpg
20200218_130849.jpg
20200218_130838.jpg

Back