What are you working on today??

Not quite daily driver yet, but damn it has ice cold a/c. I still have to get it registered and titled

I wish I was doing working on something, instead I’m doing math :( I'm sizing a new system for work, and I didn't like the numbers the model spit out. Gotta check them by hand.
61480069677__57077130-B4C1-4DAD-AA2C-C3C2CEB18ABE.jpg

IMG_0747.jpeg

Show-off!
haha I wish! I had 2 people come by to double check me, and both times I thought I had screwed up royally. Turns out I got it right, but it was touch 'n go for a bit.

That kind of maths hurts my head.

A lot
Mine too, I was basically a vegetable afterwards. Although it could've been the heavy metal I was head-banging to while calculating. :BangHead:

Do you have any sauce to go with all that spaghetti. LOL
haha no joke. Is it sad that I can't read my own handwriting? My wife's a third grade teacher, and her students write like 10 times cleaner.

The first calcs were for checking to make sure the flow through a discharge won’t go supersonic, the second calcs were to determine the pressure drop for air (compressible).

worked on a steering column on my 1969 Pontiac grand prix 428 car. Next it gets a full fluid and filter change out.
Also tried to get some leaks to stop on my 67 barracuda. Can't seem to find where it's leaking transmission fluid. changed pan gasket and filter, just a little moisture on the gasket all the way around but not one drip. Shifter isn't leaking nor is the fill tube. Really weird, but I'm loosing some tranny fluid every night.

Otherwise I was working on burning down some tires so I can buy a new set.

A couple pictures of what i'm working on.

20200622_111311.jpg

part0_2.jpg

20200505_190835_HDR.jpg

20200505_191316_HDR.jpg

First day back in my office after 3+ months of remote work. I feel very, very lucky. And, since the DMV is back to doing things in person too, I visited them during my lunch break and got Ming as well as Buttercup titled, temp-plated, and properly registered :)

Last edited:
I cleaned, blasted, and painted a set of passenger-side seat brackets for when we get the reupholstered seats back from the shop. The ones for the driver-side power seat need to be done too and I have a feeling that's going to take a full day to disassemble, clean, and paint. Not looking forward to it...

upload_2020-6-27_10-35-23.png

Dragging this 77 Olds Toronado XS home today along with a 78 Odyssey ATV, in less than desirable condition.
20200614_175140.jpg
20200614_175123.jpg

Lost power steering in the powerstroke on the way home. Turned out to be a reservoir leak at the pump. Hooray for fluorescent oil dye and black light!
CA87E638-E704-4204-B8A6-3B6645528AE4.jpeg

15BC84AE-DCF7-4FD5-970E-3E66902F53F5.jpeg

Decided to blast and repaint our 25 year old patio furniture. About $30 into blasting media, and $50 into spray paint. And a boat load of hours. Not sure I am coming out ahead.

Blasting and painting tent. An old green house. Was able to put plastic down to re cover media. Could only do one chair before I had to recover the media.
02775D0F-48D8-48F1-89B8-C892F310088B.jpeg
image.jpg

One to go. Then back to blasting for the two end tables, exhaust analyzer cabinet, and two wheels. Back to work I am running out of shade.
image.jpg

image.jpg

If they have held up for 25 years you know they are well made and my 2 cents is that they are probably worth the effort to protect them from the elements. Heck, you could probably get another 25 years aout of them!
:thumbsup:

Back