What are you working on today??

If they have held up for 25 years you know they are well made and my 2 cents is that they are probably worth the effort to protect them from the elements. Heck, you could probably get another 25 years aout of them!
:thumbsup:
They won’t blow away. That’s for sure.
Heavy bastards.

xc70 transmission swap from parts car.
001.JPG
day 2.

Try to get a 413 running that’s been sitting for a long time

You DO KNOW not to let the engine use any of the crappy gas that is still in the tank, don't you? And you DO KNOW to pull the valve covers and generously lube all the intake valve stems with PB Blaster, before you attempt to start the engine, don't you? And you should pull the plugs and squirt some ATF into the cylinders and let the whole thing sit for a day or two. Welcome to FCBO, and Good luck!

You DO KNOW not to let the engine use any of the crappy gas that is still in the tank, don't you? And you DO KNOW to pull the valve covers and generously lube all the intake valve stems with PB Blaster, before you attempt to start the engine, don't you? And you should pull the plugs and squirt some ATF into the cylinders and let the whole thing sit for a day or two. Welcome to FCBO, and Good luck!

Changed this out on a friends Tahoe yesterday

backing plate.jpg

Can't say I have ever seen one rot like this.

I found this the other day at work

bad wire.jpg

Low power at the fuse inside the car, good at the mega fuse suppling the fuse, followed the wiring and the tell tale green corrosion led me to it, amazing how the insulation got pierced and let in moisture. It was fairly well protected.

Finally got the front seats back from the upholsterer for the 300 convertible so we set about removing the NYer seats we had temporarily installed in it (so we could still drive it) and also the carpeting. Upon removing the carpet we found ... RUST. No big surprise there, I knew there was some. So I've started working on the repairs. I'm still an amateur when it comes to cutting, shaping, and welding, but my skills are starting to improve and I'm actually enjoying the work to a certain extent, or I guess I should say I'm enjoying the satisfaction of being able to do this...

Rusty hole in passenger side where the floor is spot welded to the reinforcing crossmember. (driver side is about the same condition)
upload_2020-7-16_11-53-54.png

I actually did a pretty decent job of cutting out the rust
upload_2020-7-16_11-54-26.png

Got the patch in the reinforcing member
upload_2020-7-16_11-54-58.png

Added my DIY trunk mat. Its a breathable upholstery fabric that I used hot glue to hem and a bit of plastidip spray on the back to make it grippy. Its too crisp and black& white to be mistaken for the original, but kinda like my underdrawers....not many people see it.

upload_2020-7-16_13-39-44.png

I've been fixing my ailing computer replaced my psu, my 80gb hd from 2004 finally died it literally broke apart on the insides and my 500 gb has something wrong with that. I reinstalled win 10 on my ssd, and installed another 500gb drive with Ubuntu 18.04 and hopefully i can salvage my old hd

Back