What are you working on today??

Never use Cardone for anything!

I generally DON'T, but these distributors aren't bad for the original price they fetched. (pd $77 for this one brand new.) Some Taiwanese tong apparently grabbed all the old factory tooling from Ma Par for making the old distributors, set it up, and have been turning them out, (or were) for a couple years. They pass ISO inspection, and I ran this one for 3.5 yrs, or ~36k miles, without any hitch. Rick Ehrenberg sells diizzies from the same source, though NOT with the Car Don't label. This unit still works very nicely, though I wanted to run the reman, damnit! Not today.

As noted, I shouldn't have any trouble swapping in a good shaft; I've horded up plenty old Mopar distributors now.

Bummer that you discovered the failure. Yes, the brakes will come back together.
View attachment 511682
One side done
D06A29ED-666C-445F-BDD2-E95294BA959A.jpeg

5AEF23AB-C494-4508-9310-814DFED935E0.jpeg

One side done
Looking good! I got Lucy loaded up over the weekend. The metal recycler here that I use was closed by the time I got her loaded up, so I'll scrap her at some point in the week. My poor little girl cried when we got home and she saw the old girl on the trailer. Makes me pretty sad honestly. The end of an era, start of a new chapter.
IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2801.jpg

IMG_2802.jpg

Looking good! I got Lucy loaded up over the weekend. The metal recycler here that I use was closed by the time I got her loaded up, so I'll scrap her at some point in the week. My poor little girl cried when we got home and she saw the old girl on the trailer. Makes me pretty sad honestly. The end of an era, start of a new chapter. View attachment 512463
View attachment 512466
View attachment 512467
View attachment 512468

View attachment 512470
View attachment 512471
Hopefully that truck becomes a source of parts for someone.

I have been collecting parts for Moose, my fiancé’s 48 Dodge B2 and today, got the driver’s side glass installed. I need to fiddle with the mechanism a bit, but I am happy with how it turned out.
79F5843D-D213-4017-9150-3D628BADA339.jpeg
613D2713-151B-477F-86D8-E65D040445BA.jpeg

Just got done with some ground work with my gelding and my wife's new mare. She's only 3 and is coming around quite nicely! I've got two racks of ribs, plus tips on the smoker for dinner, and finally, my son is coming over to help finish Betty White's suspension rebuild and disc brake conversion. We're in the home stretch baby!

28443.jpeg

20220206_143343.jpg

20220206_143502.jpg

Looking good! I got Lucy loaded up over the weekend. The metal recycler here that I use was closed by the time I got her loaded up, so I'll scrap her at some point in the week. My poor little girl cried when we got home and she saw the old girl on the trailer. Makes me pretty sad honestly. The end of an era, start of a new chapter.

what was wrong with it that you scrapped a not rotted away body like that?

what was wrong with it that you scrapped a not rotted away body like that?
The pictures actually make her look a little cleaner than she was on the body. She was fairly straight on the driver's side (with the exception of the cancer in the cab corners and rear fender), but the passenger side was crinkled up in a few spots to where it couldn't be straightened without complete replacement. Both cab corners had been cut out and replaced twice, she had rust and pin hole leaks where the upper windshield meets the cab, and her frame had a couple of complex bends from the accident. Sadly you can buy new single cab frames for the OBS's, but you can't find supercab frames anywhere. Majority of the ones I found online were in BFE relative to me, and they were advertising them as "could be straightened." After talking with a frame shop here locally, he basically told me I'd be chasing the bend and she'd likely crab walk afterwards. Almost made me cry to scrap a family member, but her soul's being transplanted now (or frankensteined, however you want to put it).

That's a very unusual shop, certainly not for car work. I don't see a press anywhere, please explain what the green & yellow contraptions function is.
Puts graphics on shirts. That would be a Neanderthals definition of that machine.:lol:

Back