What are you working on today??

The other day, I drove my 1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited to visit my mother in law and it was missing a bit at idle.

So, today, I decided to change the spark plugs. The car has 62.7k miles on it and it was apparent that the plugs I removed were the originals.

I got it done, but Holy Mother of Jesus, the plugs were a nightmare to get to.

I dropped one of the plugs and it fell in between the motor mount and engine. It took me nearly an hour to retrieve it.

Similarly, I had to get to the rear plugs on both sides by going through the bottom.

I put AC Delco platinum plugs in and maybe won’t have to replace them again in my lifetime.
LT1? Dist cap, rotor and plug wires are fun also

I have been following this gents YouTube channel and you may benefit from it:

I wish I would have found this before I did my seats. Could have saved me a whole bunch of thinking time. I picked up a bunch of tips. Will definitely watch some of his other videos. The best part is the minimal BS that waste my time watching these videos. And I really need his sewing table set up. I have a decent size cutting bench, but not much sewing support on the intake side.
IMG_7714.png

Since I was left at home unsupervised this weekend I decided to draw out a new sewing/upholstery layout in my shop. After I watched the upholstery video above, I decided I needed a better configuration for my sewing machine layout. Currently it’s set up like this. Great for small projects but not much room for larger items.
image.jpg

I have a nice workbench space that is about 93” x 50”. Big enough for fabric layout. It consists of three workbenches with some leftover laminate flooring for a table top to tie them together.

image.jpg

So I decided to try and draw out a new layout. I have a 4th 20x50 workbench the same height. All have rollers. That I think I can build a folding table top on it for a nice modular setup.

image.jpg

Here is the current setup.

image.jpg

Here is what it could be when not in use.
image.jpg

Or when in use for large items

image.jpg

Or for medium sized pieces
image.jpg

Just need my sewing machine on rollers.

Maybe I should just start a general upholstery thread. Can track my setup progress as well as my non automotive projects which may cover upholstery basics to apply to automotive. At least take the mystery out of it.

I think so.
Having a shop redo a pair of seats can cost as much as the price of a daily driver. And a blanket over the front seat just ain't no good.

They are mahogany, 2.25” thick and actually weigh around 90 lbs each. I cut the tenons with a handmade jig for my 3.25 horse P.C. Speedmaster plunge router.
Actually I did weigh one of these this morning before loading them in my van and it was only 70 lbs. without hardware. I was a bit surprised at that but not surprised by how good they look in place!:thumbsup:
IMG_6592.jpeg
IMG_6590.jpeg
IMG_6589.jpeg
IMG_6588.jpeg

Trying to figure out how to get my Imperial into dad's (guess it's mine now) rented space. Really hard to let go of his projects still.

On the brighter side. Who'd think that on December 7th that I could still be driving my baby. It was in the 50's today and supposedly the same tomorrow.

IMG_20231207_211701784.jpg
IMG_20231207_211732498.jpg

Trying to figure out how to get my Imperial into dad's (guess it's mine now) rented space. Really hard to let go of his projects still.

On the brighter side. Who'd think that on December 7th that I could still be driving my baby. It was in the 50's today and supposedly the same tomorrow.

View attachment 631384View attachment 631385
And it'll be in the 50's again today!

IMG_7746.jpeg
IMG_7747.jpeg
IMG_7749.jpeg
FCS playoff games. Decided I needed to do a special cook for the Bison game.

Decided to try a crown roast on the Big green egg. A little snowy this morning, but manageable.

So close, but still feels a million miles to go...
Further work on Furiosa today; got the kick down linkage installed, transmission cooler lines attached to the transmission, and the exhaust back on.
Waiting for parts to be shipped so I can finish the engine compartment then back to the interior.

20231209_163601.jpg

20231209_163619.jpg

Back