What Brand of Replacement Master Cylinder?

Ghostultramarine

Reaction score
In my continuing quest to bring my 1968 Newport back to daily driver condition, I am wondering what brand of master cylinder would be better?

I've looked at Rock Auto (impressed with how fast they shipped my KYB shocks and their price) and they have Raybestos, Centric and Cardone for power drum brakes.

Which is better (and why)?

In my continuing quest to bring my 1968 Newport back to daily driver condition, I am wondering what brand of master cylinder would be better?

I've looked at Rock Auto (impressed with how fast they shipped my KYB shocks and their price) and they have Raybestos, Centric and Cardone for power drum brakes.

Which is better (and why)?

The Car-don't unit will be a rebuild that should be avoided like the plague, very poor quality. Raybestos and Centric units are ChiCom produced and the quality control is often lacking. Try to find a new Wagner, EIS or OEM Mopar unit if possible.

Dave

Get in touch with Craig@mobileparts 516-485-1935. He is a member here and will know, and have, what you need. He stays away from the Chinesium products that have flooded the market. If you leave a message he will call you back.

Cardone does make brand new MC's. I bought one but it did not include residual pressure valves and the way it was manufactured (cheaply) you could not add them. I would have had to plumb-in an inline RP valve, so I did not use it.

I second Craig @ Mobileparts. I bought a brand new Wagner M/C when i upgraded to front disc brakes 2 years ago and just replaced it because it started to leak fluid. I bought a replacement from Craig problem solved.

"Remanufactured" / "Rebuilt" / Painted....

And current Wagner & Raybestos 》》》the SAME Chineseum boxed (They are all Wuhan specials...)

Are all a waste of time... and a waste of 5 gallons of brake fluid all over the garage floor....

MrFury68 and crazyboutwagons are two of the many intelligent people on this site who want to do the job
ONCE For the next 30 years...

Back