What color for my Wifes 1967 Newport ?

The interior to my 68 Fury is the same as your interior color. The original color on the car was QQ1, which in 1968 was QQ1 - Bright Blue Metallic or Medium Blue, depending on the year or describer. It is a perfect match to the interior, and really is a sharp color on a car. Below is what it looked like in its original color. That's not my car, it belongs to a guy I know in the Bay area. Turns out we basically owned twin cars.

185304_10150357040927316_4546049_n.jpg

Last edited:
I may go thru that choice w/ my 65 Newport (green interior), since two door replacements (sports car & deer) and other damage (car to qtr panel, tree branch) since the last full repaint (after major damage, replaced qtr panel & rear panel). At the last repaint in 1995, I chose a medium metallic green basecoat/clearcoat from the catalog (90's Ford, I recall). The factory color was an olive green, quite unattractive like kitchen appliances of that day. When I repainted the doors, one was off the car & horizontal, which I thought better to avoid runs. The paint looks different on it in the sun, probably from how the metallic oriented under gravity. The door painted on-car looks the same. I also found that metallic paint doesn't last as long since the aluminum flakes can oxidize. Next time, I will use just a solid color, not clear-coat, since much easier to repair, plus you can see ample horrid failing clear-coats in any parking lot, especially in this sunny location. Current new car colors are "interesting", everything from cow-poop brown to dull blue. Some do look modern, but may be dated in 10 years, like Mopar early 70's colors (recall Al Bundy's "Gold Duster").

Last edited:
I would definitely stick with a mopar blue of that vintage. Non factory colors just seem to stick out like a sore thumb. The Agean Blue Imp. or Medium Blue Barracuda color is one of my favs.

Back