What did you do to your C-body today....

Nice peaceful day alone out of the city.

Took the cap off my daily beater.
FB_IMG_1587080756556.jpg

Disected what was left of the black coupe parts car.... I really don't waste anything...

FB_IMG_1587080746654.jpg
FB_IMG_1587080697011.jpg
FB_IMG_1587080713940.jpg

Finished up the scrap box on the car hauler...
FB_IMG_1587080687501.jpg

Pulled what looks to be a mint sender out of the squashed and rotted gas tank, I'll check it with my meter next time I'm up..

FB_IMG_1587080679803.jpg

Next on deck after I get that 5th Ave chopped up...

FB_IMG_1587080666838.jpg
FB_IMG_1587080663669.jpg
FB_IMG_1587080660044.jpg

Finally finished my shop last week, passed my final inspections so it's all done now!

7f0B9TJh.jpg

ChCqzrhh.jpg

So had to take some time to dig out the wagon and change it's status as a storage facility and work bench to a proper old car nestled in a nice clean warm shop. ;)

9xRxFLOh.jpg

d3Nt0Cdh.jpg

Finally finished my shop last week, passed my final inspections so it's all done now!

View attachment 369152

View attachment 369153

So had to take some time to dig out the wagon and change it's status as a storage facility and work bench to a proper old car nestled in a nice clean warm shop. ;)

View attachment 369154

View attachment 369155

Wow! Talk about yer Garage Mahal!! Look at that beautiful floor. Once you get a few black oil spots on it, it will be just right.

That turned out great!
You must be very happy the final inspection was completed. You can step back and look at what was accomplished and just admire it for a while, even if its for the short time before you fill it with everything .
I like that you planned for the drive through with the front & back overhead doors.
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Shop is 32' wide by 48' long with 14' ceilings. And yes it will be getting a 10K lbs 2 post hoist as well which I have stashed away already. ;) I had extra rebar and concrete built into the floor for where the hoist will sit.

TpRKyMHh.jpg

CAK4JTzh.jpg

It will be at the back of the shop in front of the rear door. On the doors the front is 16' wide and the rear is 11' wide, both are 12' high. I priced out new doors and they were going to be $20K but found a local company that did some demo work at the local collage and saved a bunch of the roll up doors. I got both doors, tracks and hardware for $1200!! I decided against going with electric motors on the doors, which they had, and went with manual chain drives.

aDzNYxJh.jpg

I had never installed roll up doors before but did a bunch of research and figured things out....couldn't be happier.

Shop is 32' wide by 48' long with 14' ceilings. And yes it will be getting a 10K lbs 2 post hoist as well which I have stashed away already. ;) I had extra rebar and concrete built into the floor for where the hoist will sit.

View attachment 369256

View attachment 369257

It will be at the back of the shop in front of the rear door. On the doors the front is 16' wide and the rear is 11' wide, both are 12' high. I priced out new doors and they were going to be $20K but found a local company that did some demo work at the local collage and saved a bunch of the roll up doors. I got both doors, tracks and hardware for $1200!! I decided against going with electric motors on the doors, which they had, and went with manual chain drives.

View attachment 369258

I had never installed roll up doors before but did a bunch of research and figured things out....couldn't be happier.
That is beautiful.

View attachment 369256

View attachment 369257

View attachment 369258

Good work!

Got the bellhousing dialed in today - neglected to do that when I converted it from auto and figured it was time to check - everything was within .005 so woo-hoo, nothing more to do there. Didn't really think it was off since clutch wear hasn't been bad and it's got over 100K on it since the swap but it was good to verify.

Lubed up all the door mechanisms, now i can open all the doors with ease and it no longer feels like I'm going to break my key in two in the door lock

Put seat and seat belts in for return to daily driving as I repair floors. Was using mother in law’s Nissan. I have really missed driving the Fury. Sound deadener came in. Have the carpet just looking for a rear pan.

EAA2FE89-CC60-48E2-AAAD-52E160FF3837.jpeg

Last edited:
Went for a little drive this morning covered two states, but only about 15- 20 miles. Drove down on the ND side of the river and then back on the MN side.
Tune up seems good. From a stop pound the gas to the floor and hold it. no hesitation or pinging. Shifts into second at about 45 Mph and into 3rd at 80. Still have my drive line vibration starting around 80Mph. Runs great though. Didn’t try to burn the tire(s), no need.
Topped off my transmission fluid. Needed about a 1/2 pint. Haven’t put any in since I started driving it last spring.
0AF887D8-2FAC-420A-BFE6-0DAE543456E6.jpeg

Went for a little drive this morning covered two states, but only about 15- 20 miles. Drove down on the ND side of the river and then back on the MN side.
Tune up seems good. From a stop pound the gas to the floor and hold it. no hesitation or pinging. Shifts into second at about 45 Mph and into 3rd at 80. Still have my drive line vibration starting around 80Mph. Runs great though. Didn’t try to burn the tire(s), no need.
Topped off my transmission fluid. Needed about a 1/2 pint. Haven’t put any in since I started driving it last spring.
View attachment 369938
That Dodge is a real looker.

Went and picked up some more roadwheels, on the way back I stopped in at my favorite wreckers to pillage the 73 Fury police package a bit more... I realized I needed a different driveshaft for the 8.75.. Also got my other flange for the exhaust.
FB_IMG_1587317444977.jpg
FB_IMG_1587317426764.jpg
FB_IMG_1587317422759.jpg
FB_IMG_1587317508117.jpg
FB_IMG_1587317510440.jpg
FB_IMG_1587317527369.jpg

Back