What did you do to your C-body today....

Had to go get puppy food. Took the long way.
View attachment 448013 View attachment 448014
1008da75-562c-4fe4-a5b8-d748733f8f54-jpeg.jpg

What is the green glow under the drivers side. An alien hiding?

View attachment 448141
What is the green glow under the drivers side. An alien hiding?
I have been trying to figure that out myself. It is not in the previous picture. I was shooting right into the sun with my I phone, not sure if it is a refection from my camera lenses or my sunglasses. I went back in the garage after I saw the picture and turned the parking lights back on, but didn't have any light leaks.
Not sure???

I couldn’t stand the low speed clicking noise coming from the plastic center inserts of my hubcaps. After taking the center caps apart, I installed some dense foam rubber that I had saved from some packing material. They were absolutely perfect for keeping the center caps firmly in place. No more clicking and I think they may last for a good long time… Fingers crossed.
DCA050CE-7FCF-43FD-8B3C-C736B197EE0B.jpeg
29779B56-1964-4DF3-B675-D219D2A5CE0D.jpeg
8D523F60-EC6E-471D-887B-21EC095A0C5B.jpeg
5BAD8CAC-EA09-4EF1-9944-4225E4735552.jpeg
9F5BA213-E0D4-445C-82FC-F243255E2970.jpeg

Finished up replacing brake shoes. Flushed the 29-year-old silicone fluid. the old fluid was 100% clear and clean. the purple dye, however, was completely gone! The fluid was a golden yellow color. IMHO the higher priced fluid is more than worth it. Tomorrow, I hope to install an electronic voltage limiter in the instrument pannel. Happy Spring everyone! Too soon to get the car on the road, looks like snow and SALT later in the week! Lindsay

Oil and filter changes this week on the Imperial, Coronet and the D100. Fifteen quarts of oil and three Wix 51515 filters. Can you believe that is a C-note now? I remember when I could do that in the late '80s for half that money for three. Crazy.

I found a couple of loose wires under the Imperial dash last night, plus the speaker wire which came loose from the connection, so I get to dive under the dash again to reconnect things. I'll finish up connecting the defrost/air ductwork, as well.

The son-in-law of a car club friend has a very good detailing service. We were talking about ceramic coating/paint correction. He said he'd do either of my cars for half-off (normal price for the full job is $995), and it's guaranteed for two years from any staining or other problems that may arise. His Charger Hellcat looks absolutely amazing! It's amazing how deep he can make the paint appear! I might do that on the Imperial as my "anniversary" present to me in May, as that will mark the seven-year point of ownership. When that happens, I'll post pics in my restoration thread.

Last edited:
Today I jumped in and replace ignition switch with 69 plymouth original ignition and cylinder. As well as new chrome ignition nut looks amazing. Working on 69 plymouth fury 3 convertible.

Screenshot_20210215-220942.png

Screenshot_20210215-220932.png

Yesterday, I started the install of the RTE IV4, and finished it today. Very easy. Felt like a watch maker when working on the fuel gauge! Also put both ammeter wires on the same stud- no future burned up meter! Now contemplating the gas tank. I may enlist some help on that. When I was in my 30's, an "old guy" told me that by the time I collected the tools, skills and knowledge, I would be limited by health and stamina! He was right! Not complaning, just sayin'! Lindsay

As promised, it's a week later and I can start the Sport Fury engine.
Before that, I changed the oil filter, filled in new oil and checked the hoses for leaks.
All the work was successful, she runs like a young horse now;)
The season can begin ...

I tackled a couple of projects this past weekend. I worked on removing stick-on wood grain applique some douche nozzle stuck to the dash of my '66 300 convertible. Was hoping it would just peel off, but no-bueno. I'll hafta repaint the entire dash.

I also finished up re-furbbing a set of Road Wheels I picked up from @sixpkrt. Thanks again, Tim.

Dash Rehab.jpg

Road Wheel Rehab 2.jpg

Road Wheel Rehab 3.jpg

Road Wheel Rehab 1.jpg

I really need a set of trim rings for these wheels. I doubt if anyone here has a decent set of originals, so I'm open to suggestions as to aftermarket rings.

I tackled a couple of projects this past weekend. I worked on removing stick-on wood grain applique some douche nozzle stuck to the dash of my '66 300 convertible. Was hoping it would just peel off, but no-bueno. I'll hafta repaint the entire dash.
Won't a heat gun take that crap off?

Won't a heat gun take that crap off?

That is what I thought in the beginning. That crap has been stuck to the dash for a very long time. I tried everything from a heat gun to Goo Gone to a sticker easer disk on my drill. In the end, I had to use a window-scraper razor blade tool to make any headway. Of course, this procedure has introduced scratches in the metal. Now, I'm gonna hafta sand down the dash skim it with filler, prime it and finally paint it.

Back