What did you do to your C-body today....

The 'Party Barge' went into dry dock yesterday.
Removed all the headlight assemblies as some of the screws are missing and/or have stripped mounting holes. Also, put it up on jack stands and starting to remove the upper control arms to replace bushings and tie-rods. The left side is out and stripped down. Now to get them sand-blasted.
I was pleasantly surprised how easy every thing has come apart (so far).

Well it's been exactly 14 months since I've ordered them but today I took delivery of the catwhiskers for my '75 Imperial.

20231018_191231.jpg

Will have to wait for the quote from my body guy on the floor repair before I decide to mount these though.

Finally got to installing the rear seat belts... I used original eye bolt mounting hardware that I got from @azblackhemi . These require a clip on type end to go in the eye bolt. Seat belts came from Seat Belt Planet and they are really nice. 60" long turned out to be perfect. Now I can pile some grandkids in the back and go for ice cream.

I cleaned these up before installing.

1698253016274.png

gNPzzo0.jpg

Had to notch and trim the divider for the belts.

uNfDiZp.jpg

Done! Gotta buy some retractors though.

AYQu2lm.jpg

The cloisonné 300L emblem on the console was damaged and stuff like that drives me a little crazy (short drive) and I found a NOS on eBay. What is kinda cool about this is it was probably built in the shop I was partners in, but obviously many years before we owned it.

ZYx870x.jpg

New one.

z7GVDPF.jpg

Did a lot of research for 64 heater core replacement.
Turns out it all comes right out the front into the engine bay.

Yes John we did. The wife and I took our granddaughter to the general store down the street for ice cream! Thanks again! How's that van working out for you?
It's running great. Did have to replace a tire, but I'm surprised it was only one.
One of these things is not like the others. Ran some errands in the Girlfriend yesterday.

View attachment 625068
I see a 67 NYer in the distance.

I put mine away today. Wiped it down, and covered it with my good cover and then a disposable plastic cover on top. The plastic cover is something I started doing a few years ago. I pull the covers off in spring and the good cover is as clean as it was when it went on. I used to have to wash them every year because of the dust that got into the cover.

voj35dJ.jpg

A trick I learned this past summer from the guy I bought my 300L from. This keeps mice out of the tailpipe. Just any old plastic bag and a rubber band.

6hXqMvr.jpg

Mrs. Big John also made up some little bags of some cinnamon concoction that is supposed to keep mice away better than moth balls AND smell a lot better. We'll see... So far, it really does smell better but to me it looks like something the mice would like. :Insert juvenile joke about smelling moth balls here:

Winter storage...a strange concept where I live. Last Christmas, the fam and I did a top-down drive around the lake! It was 60 degrees F! Of course, the next day, it got up to a whopping 33 degrees, but I got the top up beforehand as I put the Imperial in the shop.

Now that I have several parts for the Imperial that I've gathered over the past year, it's time to get that all installed! The brake issue has turned out to be a stuck adjuster, thankfully, and not a busted drum. But first, I need to get the restored console in the Coronet. Looks great on the work bench, but will look far better in the car!

Work on my Chevy Square-body pickup has been coming along slowly. I picked up a gorgeous stock seat for it a few weeks back. Rather than dying the freshly-reupholstered black seat in Tan, I'm installing a tan saddle-blanket cover on that; plus I need to pull the dash pad out and dye that Tan, as well. Then Dyna-mat for the floor, new carpeting, and a new t/s switch, and that will be ready to go and drive a bit.

Winterizing the lawn equipment (tractor, brush hog, ZTR mower and weedwhackers/leaf blower) are in the mix for the weekend, too.

Winter storage...a strange concept where I live. Last Christmas, the fam and I did a top-down drive around the lake! It was 60 degrees F! Of course, the next day, it got up to a whopping 33 degrees, but I got the top up beforehand as I put the Imperial in the shop.

Now that I have several parts for the Imperial that I've gathered over the past year, it's time to get that all installed! The brake issue has turned out to be a stuck adjuster, thankfully, and not a busted drum. But first, I need to get the restored console in the Coronet. Looks great on the work bench, but will look far better in the car!

Work on my Chevy Square-body pickup has been coming along slowly. I picked up a gorgeous stock seat for it a few weeks back. Rather than dying the freshly-reupholstered black seat in Tan, I'm installing a tan saddle-blanket cover on that; plus I need to pull the dash pad out and dye that Tan, as well. Then Dyna-mat for the floor, new carpeting, and a new t/s switch, and that will be ready to go and drive a bit.
I don’t do winter storage. Unless you count keeping the vehicles in a heated shop. 8^)

I wish I had heat! Maybe that will be a 2024 improvement - an oil heater in the corner, plus spray insulation on the walls. I have that crappy cell insulation with an R-value of maybe 6, and it's all peeling off the walls after 20+ years. It's done its job, I guess.

Last edited:
I wish I had heat! Maybe that will be a 2024 improvement - an oil heater in the corner, plus spray insulation on the walls. I have that crappy cell insulation with an R-value of maybe 6, and it's all peeling off the walls after 20+ years. It's done its' job, I guess.
I have a propane furnace with a 1000 gallon tank. I also get a bit of heat from the14 200 watt, 30,000 lumens drop lights.
I also installed an eco-bee thermostat and have WiFi in the shop. I can monitor the temps and make adjustments remotely.

I’m looking at putting in a few wall mounted air conditioning units, that would minimize me running ducts.

I have a propane furnace with a 1000 gallon tank. I also get a bit of heat from the14 200 watt, 30,000 lumens drop lights.
I also installed an eco-bee thermostat and have WiFi in the shop. I can monitor the temps and make adjustments remotely.

I’m looking at putting in a few wall mounted air conditioning units, that would minimize me running ducts.

I used four 12000 btu window units in a 30x40 block garage in Tampa. No insulation. Some shade.
Fortunately, they were each in an area where work was done on the cars. Blowing right on the car. It worked well.

Back