What did you do to your C-body today....

Pulled steering column today to rebuild coupler. Parts on order from mancini racing. Forgot to get a picture but spring was broke causing a lot of slop and play.

IMG_20240104_123718041_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240104_123712744_HDR.jpg

I have been plugging away on the 500. The latest problems were the top only working one way and no power to the power windows.

I mapped out the power windows and metered about everything I could get to and felt I had an idea what that problem was.
The relay is turned on by an accessory tap at the radio, I had the radio plugged into the main harness and didn't have the accessory top plugged in ( I had it labeled "radio sub")

With that corrected I now had power to the system but only have one window working (LR), the front left would click but no movement. Put the original driver door switch back in and now have the front right but still no right rear and the driver door still has a binding issue, may need to pull it.

The top is unknow why it wasn't working properly. with the panel out I put the switch on the harness and it worked fully.
IMG_3319.jpg

I fount it easier to move the set out of the way (dang thing is heavy!).
IMG_3322.jpg

Alan

drained the fuel tank of my 72 Monaco and getting ready to rust proof the underside of the trunk floor and replace the tank, fuel lines and sending unit. been running it off a gas can since rebuilding the carb in 2022 when i got it. the car was last on the road in 96 so the fuel was pretty rank
1707008835500.jpeg

1707008877779.jpeg

1707008942709.jpeg

Good Morning All
The 'Things I would like to do' list is getting shorter.
It started with converting to a dual master cylinder and replacing the non-rebuild able Kelsey Hayes booster with a rebuilt (Booster Dewey) midland unit. The rear seat has been re-upholstered and reinstalled. Rear seat belts have been installed, the front belts replaced. The '65 is now sporting 15" wheels which makes it look more proportionate. Several wiring harness have been re-wrapped and the second alternator wire has been installed to the starter relay.
Today I finished up wiring in Revolution Electronics dome light dimmer. This little gem will gradually brighten/dim your interior lights. The feature I like best is that it will shut the lights off if a door is not closed. (Great for a four door.)
Extremely easy to install, great instructions (for those that read instructions first).
Now i'm just waiting for my headlight delay relay, and the 'Barge' will be done (at least for now).
Waiting for Spring.......
Omni

Last edited:
I got a windshield for the '71 Monaco wagon, just a little dusty. The guy thought he would never sell it.

PXL_20240310_202056143.jpg

Uncovered it. Charged up the battery and fired it up from its long winter nap. Next a wash and start driving for the season.

20230527_111409.jpg

Just received my date coded plug wires and new wire loom set for my 68 300. Ready to put in new plugs and new other stuff. Getting closer to a first time start up!

The car I posted was in a scrap yard. Rear Frame rails have fist sized holes in 2 places, only thing in it is a junk dash. 80% of the ones are the same way I get. And if they have anything they get posted here for the stripping and ask anyone I usually give the stuff away so is what it is. Better than just scraping them. Not one good straight piece of metal on it. There are guys that wreck way to nice of cars. That ain't me. I wreck junk that will never see the road again regardless of who gets it.

I spent some time with wiring diagrams for a 72 New Yorker and a mid 80 Caprice.
The objective is to use the new $50 Caprice master window switch and pigtail in the 72 C instead of the absent $200 Chrysler switch plus new pigtail.
It fits in the Chrysler switch mount perfectly and appears to use the same wiring scheme.

This is the GM switch and pigtail.
1710124119112.png

1710123974121.png

1710124385922.png

The car I posted was in a scrap yard. Rear Frame rails have fist sized holes in 2 places, only thing in it is a junk dash. 80% of the ones are the same way I get. And if they have anything they get posted here for the stripping and ask anyone I usually give the stuff away so is what it is. Better than just scraping them. Not one good straight piece of metal on it. There are guys that wreck way to nice of cars. That ain't me. I wreck junk that will never see the road again regardless of who gets it.
Not knocking it. I used to do the same thing. But not just your little fair shows.

Back