What is the Likelihood that Reproduction Windshields Will Happen for our Fuselage Cars?

I need two tinted windshields: On for my '73 Newport Navajo and one for my '70 300 convertible. I assume they are the same.
Hollander shows 1970 & 1973 Chrysler windshields are the same for 2-door and 4-door HT

It's a different windshield than above
Hollander shows 1970 & 1973 Chrysler windshields are the same for Station Wagon and 4-door Sedan

Reproductions won't have the Pentastar. I can post some pictures of the markings on the one from the invoice below soon.

And I have to say, 1500 american dollars for a simple windshield!? That's ludicrous! Granted, this was purchased nearly a decade ago, time flies! But it was in a warehouse locally, and those are Canadian dollars. This was the best glass shop in town, the owner retired and his son, the only other employee who worked there for as long as I can remember, didn't want to pick up the reins.

View attachment 603028
I saw one on eBay a couple years ago for $450 including ship and didn't buy. Big Mistake.
Understand about $1500, but hope the price comes down with sales volume. Anything is better than cloudy used junkyard windshields as the only replacement option.

I need two tinted windshields: On for my '73 Newport Navajo and one for my '70 300 convertible. I assume they are the same.
69 to 73 2 dr & 4dr htops and converts used the same windshield.
69 to 73 sedans and wagons used another.

To address the comments from @LocuMob and @furious70, the glass that I am focusing on are the ones coming from Indonesia that would fit the 2 and 4 door hardtops and the convertibles and they would be competitive in cost with previous replacement glass, i.e. something in the $500 range.

I only paid $1500 for one of the Finland replacements for my 1973 Dodge Coronet Crestwood wagon since there are none available in the states and that glass is quite unlikely to ever be reproduced again since it would only fit wagons and sedans. But the Coronet wagon I have is near show quality and the going prices these days for that model is around the $30K mark. No C bodies generally get that much $$ these days.

Last edited:
69 to 73 2 dr & 4dr htops and converts used the same windshield.
69 to 73 sedans and wagons used another.
Do you have a number for the 69-73 wagon? Just want to make sure before I order one.

Hollander shows 1970 & 1973 Chrysler windshields are the same for 2-door and 4-door HT

It's a different windshield than above
Hollander shows 1970 & 1973 Chrysler windshields are the same for Station Wagon and 4-door Sedan

I failed to mention the '70 is a convertible. I assume it uses the same windshield as the 2-door. . .

I failed to mention the '70 is a convertible. I assume it uses the same windshield as the 2-door. . .
It does. 69-73 2 door should fit. I pulled the one from my ‘73 parts car and put it aside for the TX9 figuring I would buy new for the convertible, but now that might be changing.

If we are taking a head count for a possible bulk order, I would like one as well for the ‘70 300 ‘vert.

To address the comments from @LocuMob and @furious70, the glass that I am focusing on are the ones coming from Indonesia that would fit the 2 and 4 door hardtops and the convertibles and they would be competitive in cost with previous replacement glass, i.e. something in the $500 range.

I only paid $1500 for one of the Finland replacements for my 1973 Dodge Coronet Crestwood wagon since there are none available in the states and that glass is quite unlikely to ever be reproduced again since it would only fit wagons and sedans. But the Coronet wagon I have is near show quality and the going prices these days for that model is around the $30K mark. No C bodies generally get that much $$ these days.
Given your endorsement of the people of Finland, I have more confidence in them than a 3rd world muslim nation like Indonesia. Do you think the company in Finland would give us a bulk price?

Given your endorsement of the people of Finland, I have more confidence in them than a 3rd world muslim nation like Indonesia. Do you think the company in Finland would give us a bulk price?

I would certainly have to agree. I did receive a call from my importer of the glass from Finland this morning and he said a volume order would drive down the cost a little but not a great deal. He says they use flying the glass over here for handling safety and that most of his orders are for the Forward Look cars where the volumes of orders are quite small and so the savings going one way or the other are not that great for him. I asked him about higher volume discount costs and he said his best estimate is that the cost of his glass would come down to $1200 each. He also said his experience with glass from countries like Indonesia is that they are significantly thinner than what comes from Finland and often times they just do not fit all that well and break more easily when hit by stones as a result, the message being you get what you pay for. He also added that because the glass is highly curved for Forward Look cars, the chances of Idonesian glass fitting well is poor.

However the 55-57 Chevrolets are also greatly curved and they are selling in high volumes and the "Tri Five" Chevrolet owners seem to be buying the ones coming from Indonesia but then again those Chevrolets are relatively high volume so the producers of them in Indonesia might take more time to do them well.

When my installers were doing the one for my Coronet wagon they did make the comment that the glass I received from Finland was definitely thicker than the other aftermarket glass they are used to seeing and they were indeed complimentary about how well it fit.

So the bottom line for me is to actually look at the glass from Indonesia and then make a decision. I am planning on doing 3 more C body restorations and that might be the end of restorations and I will then turn to driving them more than doing more restorations.

If I were to buy 3 C body windshields at $1200 each, that is comparable to the cost of one month of body and paint work on my cars by very competent guys and just the cost of body/paint work usually totals about $20K depending on initial condition. Given the very high cost of restorations these days and the time it takes to get the cars done, it is getting very expensive even when I do most of the mechanical work so I have decided to limit limit doing no more than 3 more and assuming my maker is willing to let me be able to do more...................

Scott, I didn't ask him specifically about the C body wagons but my but I am pretty certain it would be the same as my B body wagon at $1500. The person who does the importing lives in Southern California and receives his shipments here after he places orders so the glass would have to be shipped from Southern California to Minnesota in addition so add another $200+ to that number. Not a compelling proposition unfortunately.

All I can say is I needed a windshield for my 69 Town & Country wagon and that was about three years ago now but I did find one for sale but it took some searching. It ended up costing me $1000 shipped to my door in a wooden crate since it came from back East. I would do a comprehensive search for that glass and you might yet find one lingering somewhere since demand for those is probably pretty sparse unfortunately.

Time is passing us by rapidly it seems these days so that reality makes restoration a real challenge for us C body guys anymore.

Scott, I didn't ask him specifically about the C body wagons but my but I am pretty certain it would be the same as my B body wagon at $1500. The person who does the importing lives in Southern California and receives his shipments here after he places orders so the glass would have to be shipped from Southern California to Minnesota in addition so add another $200+ to that number. Not a compelling proposition unfortunately.

All I can say is I needed a windshield for my 69 Town & Country wagon and that was about three years ago now but I did find one for sale but it took some searching. It ended up costing me $1000 shipped to my door in a wooden crate since it came from back East. I would do a comprehensive search for that glass and you might yet find one lingering somewhere since demand for those is probably pretty sparse unfortunately.

Time is passing us by rapidly it seems these days so that reality makes restoration a real challenge for us C body guys anymore.
I found one, they say it's for a 69. If a 69 is the same as a 71, I'll order it. Should be around $500 all in, that's why I am seeking confirmation.

I found one, they say it's for a 69. If a 69 is the same as a 71, I'll order it. Should be around $500 all in, that's why I am seeking confirmation.

Based on Checking the Metro Glass catalog listing, they look to be the same from 1969 - 1973 (given they all have the same bodies it is reasonable they would be the same but this seems to confirm it): You might even want to check with them whether they have the wagon/sedan glass in your case I did not check on that glass with them (only the hardtops that they do not have).

69-73 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER WINDSHIELD
C BODY
SEDAN / WAGON - 4 DR
AVAILABLE TINTS
CLEAR - GREEN TINT w/ BLUE SHADE
STREET LEGAL LITE GRAY SMOKE
truck.gif

SHIPS TRUCK FREIGHT - WILL BE ADDED TO PRICE

Select a Glass Tint Clear Green Tint w/ Blue Shade ( add $15 ) Lite Smoke w/ Dk Gray Shade ( add $30 )

Select Residential or Commercial Shipping Truck Freight / Commercial Address / $190 Truck Freight / Residential Address / $225
$363.00

PART NUMBER
CG​

Thanks, Steve.
Understand about "A Man Has Got to Know his limitations". Arthritis is mine. UGH.
I know the Finland glass is expensive, but I am still interested in front glass for my 1971 Fury GT.
Since there are so many c-body cars in Finland, maybe the next step is to ask a Finland member to drive his 1969-1973 2-door or 4-door HT car by the manufacturer so they can take measurements?
What do you think? Ben

Thanks, Steve.
Understand about "A Man Has Got to Know his limitations". Arthritis is mine. UGH.
I know the Finland glass is expensive, but I am still interested in front glass for my 1971 Fury GT.
Since there are so many c-body cars in Finland, maybe the next step is to ask a Finland member to drive his 1969-1973 2-door or 4-door HT car by the manufacturer so they can take measurements?
What do you think? Ben

That isn't necessary Ben since they already have the measurements for just about every U.S. vehicle and they get the glass perfect and it fits better than other overseas glass suppliers. The difference between Finnish glass and all the others is the extra care they take to make them just perfect from my experience at this point and their glass is also a little thicker than the other overseas glass companies glass as well.

Back