What is this bushing called

jstaples2

Reaction score
It's a bushing at the junction of the sway bar and strut. I bought a sway bar bushing kit from RockAuto (MEVOTECH MK7061) and this didn't come with it. I can't find a name for it or where to pick up a new one. Any ideas?

sway-bar-bushing.jpg

Is that attached to the torsion bar? if so look for that verbiage in describing it vs calling it a strut.

PicsArt_06-04-02.13.08.jpg

The factory uses the terminology "stabilizer" bar rather than "sway" bar if that helps when plugging in key words to your Google search.

Is that attached to the torsion bar?
That pic shows the stabilizer bar clamped to the strut rods. Nothing is ever clamped to the torsion bars. Or shouldn't be, anyway.

Last edited:
This is the item used as a replacement item for the strut bar bushing, it isn't exactly the same as the original unit which looked like a teardrop with the tail partially cut off, but it will do the job.

More Information for MOOG K7064

Is the Metro bushing shown above the correct one?
In my listing is wasn't no, looking at the Metro unit you have displayed the squared off end doesn't pinch in close and I can't imagine it compressing enough to fit into the bracket as shown in the original pic posted by jstaples.

I did buy Mook K7064 and here's what came in the package compared to what came in the MevoTech bushing kit (MK7061). THe moog bushing is nothing like the picture online - but actually looks like the bushing that attaches the stabilizer bar to the K-member.
IMG_6956.JPG

Here's the pic from the downloadable service manual. I think that K7064 are the bushings used in the link that attaches the stabilizer bar to the k-member, but they call the bushing used in the stabilizer bar to the strut a 'cushion'.
service-manual-pic.jpg

You got it, the K7064 units as you pictured definitely go on the end of the link assy that bolts to the chassis, I just bought this kit myself for that express purpose. The "cushion" should be as the link I furnished which is a round unit and I would have thought the K7064 would be round. If they have sent you the square one then it is wrong and you should return it with a query for explanation.

Back