What is this?

josehf34

Reaction score
I was trying to find the horn relay on my 74 fury and found some kind of module or relay near the brake booster but I don't have idea what it is and I still can't find it in the electrical schematics of my car

IMG_2523.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

There will be a P/N on it. What is it?

mmm no, I didn't see any part number. Maybe if I remove the plastic cover out of it there can be a part number but I don't know how to remove it without break it :(

No numbers, anywhere? Ok. Unusual.
With key on, turn on and off everything (one at a time), until it clicks.

No numbers, anywhere? Ok. Unusual.
With key on, turn on and off everything (one at a time), until it clicks.

I saw the number 1544 stamped on the metal support but doesn't seems to be a part number, the red thing feels like a button when I push it. Already tried every accessory but this thing never makes "click". Maybe is broken or maybe is something else

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

I don't recall the details but it might be a Seat belt Override switch, turn the key on and see if you can start the car with it?

Alan

That looks like the seat belt over ride to me.

IIRC, the 74 had an interlock that wouldn't let you start the car without the driver's seat belt on. You can press the button to over ride that feature.

As a seat belt over ride, it's in an awfully inconvenient location.
It's definitely an aftermarket thingamajig. The red button is a reset.
Youre gonna have to trace it back.

Cool, I have to check mine to see if it's working. If I push the button the car should start without fastened the security belts?

Looks like you press this first then start the car. You then did not need to latch the seat belt to start the car.

I remember people going to their local mechanics to move the switch to under the dashboard. The dealer shops weren't allowed to do that.

Back