What is your daily driver?

The horse tow rig is my 2006 Silverado 2500HD:
Duramaxtuner 5 way tune, full 3" hot and cold side tubes, 3" downpipe, Helwig sway bar, air bags, etc.

The "family car" is a 2022 Toyota Highlander Limited. Super plush for those trips through country roads to get to town.

Eventually, we're looking at getting a 1996 Roadmaster Estate Wagon. I prefer to wrench on my own rides which is a quality that the Toyota does not provide.

20220210_164807.jpg

2017 GMC Canyon 4 door long bed…
Have had a long run of Chevy Trucks for years, mainly due to a large friends and family discount thanks to my father-in-law, a long time ElectroMotive employee. Switched over to GMC in 2017 as the fit and finish of the Canyon is much better than the Colorado. It may be my last truck due to GM dropping the long bed option (6’2”) over the now standard 5’ bed, so I’m going to keep this a long time…

1683950280488.jpeg

Nice truck Mr one two. Sure Rams are Mopars. They used to be Dodges after all. I am impressed with the newer "Ram" trucks. Well it seems most of you are still Mopar faithful. Over all now days trucks are getting more and more popular.
I'm basically a sporty car person however. Trucks have their place for sure but for me if you need it for work. The economy of scale needs to be considered, as well as economy of fuel.
Perhaps you are right on the Mopar question.I tried a Lexus RX350 before I bought this truck, but it only took 2 months to realize that I really wanted a truck.Don't need it...just want it.Mine is only a 2014, but the 8 speed transmission, electric power steering and rear suspension are light years better than older trucks.The creature comforts inside are icing on the cake.Also I am averaging almost 19 mpg with it...not bad.The truck came from Florida and it will be Woolwaxed before winter so rust is not a problem.

'97 Ford LTD 5.0L, parked up waiting on some repairs, been my daily for a few years. My car on the right, my son's '88 Ford LTD on the left.

Two LTDs..jpg

Last edited:
GTO, made in Australia at the now defunct Holden plant in LHD for export markets. Known locally as the Holden Monaro, I helped build them in the early 2000s, they are now starting to fetch big $ here.
What were the Holden utes called? I remember seeing them on Top Gear when the UK boys met your version of Top Gear and Clarkson called them all Bruce. Haha!

What were the Holden utes called? I remember seeing them on Top Gear when the UK boys met your version of Top Gear and Clarkson called them all Bruce. Haha!
The ute of the same era as the above GTO is the Holden Commodore, a name shared with the sedan.

Winter daily is a 12 Ridgeline, Summer daily is a 2000 Toyota Solara, or a 77 Datsun 620.

20200515_172128.jpg
20210813_165050.jpg
20220531_154119.jpg

I used to dd my 18 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4. Since we moved to small town USA and I live 1 mile from work, that stays parked unless I go far enough for it to fully warm up. Now I switch between an 82 d250 club cab and my 97 jeep wrangler. The wife used to daily her 2015 challenger shaker, but we just got her a new Durango R/T awd, so the challenger sits in the garage.
Travis..

My daily driver for about 13 years was a '94 Jeep ZJ. Never let me down, but the car was falling apart around the drivetrain which was over 250K on the original engine and transmission.

Currently my daily is an '08 Chevy Uplander with the 3900 engine. Amazing engine, makes as much hp and torque as my '66's 383, but at 2/3s the displacement, and gets double the gas mileage. Also doesn't require 91 octane ethanol free fuel which is currently $4.86 in WA state.

I am sorry to say mine is a 2001 Lincoln Town car. My wife's is a 1978 Buick Riviera. My 64 Crown (pictured at left) was sold several years ago to pay doctor bills. Does this mean I have to leave this site? LOL

Are you a Mopar or No Car type or are other makes used as your daily drivers?
I have oral cancer and so I sold my daily driver last month (my 67 300 'vert is still for sale) and my brother been driving me around. I just bought it last August..it was a 22 Toyota GR86. I bought it because Car and Driver mag raved about it for 3 months in a row.
I put 5000 miles on it. It was a fun car but in retrospect really too small. It's a coupe with a useless rear seat you can fold down for more luggage room. It was hard to get in and out of and there's NO storage space inside except a small console and a fair sized glove box.
The Toyota GR 86 is a collaboration between Toyota and Subaru. It uses a Subaru 2.4 liter boxer engine for lower center of gravity and is rear wheel drive. I had to wait a month for it to be shipped from Japan to the US (the midst of the new car and chip shortage).
jean is my daily driver

GEDC0440.JPG

jean & her trailer all ready bto go camping! (2).jpg

IMG_4088[1].JPG

2019 Subaru Outback. I need a wagon, AWD, and the ground clearance. Plus, I have very little faith in American cars built after 1973.

2CE3C018-9712-46EC-A3AD-92E98561348E.jpeg

Y2K Dodge Caravan is my usual daily driver. In background to right is my ’95 Dakota. I use it quite often, too.

The only non-Mopars that I’ve had were Oldsmobiles: a ’90 Ciera wagon and a ’92 Ninety Eight, which was possibly my favorite car ever (after the T&C of course). It had nearly 300,000 miles on it when the engine gave up the ghost.

2008 Town & Country I recently got with 208k on the clock, and whatever old cars I can work into the rotation during good weather.

PXL_20230214_223405781.jpg

Back