What is your dream car?

Oh how my dream car tastes have changed. I've been going to car shows with mom and dad since I was in a stroller. Way back then it was Model A 3 windows and 57 Chevy's. As I matured I wanted a Lowrider ie Coupe deVilles and Impalas.
I've been lucky enough to have had a few dreams on my list. Currently I am still driving 2 such dream cars.
81 Imperial:. Imagine a 8th grader in 1995 with a 1980 Motor Trend photo and headline "The Imperial Strikes Back" taped to their trapper keeper.
2010 Challenger: I love that design.
IMG_20200827_142029297.jpg

Now if I only can find just the right 74-77 Monaco/Royal Monaco. Let one get away and now wish I hadn't.

wooderson-jpg.jpg

All right, all right!
That looks like half the guys in my h.s. class. Dude, I'm soo baked!
I drove a dream car to h.s. senior year. Orange 71 Road Runner, up and over stripe. black and orange interior, 383 with the slap stick. I probably looked just like him, cruising around town, that car sounded so cool!

1962 Chrysler 300H. Without the '61 fins, thanks! Convertible or hardtop, must be black, red or white with red interior, 413 w/Cross-Ram, and the four-speed Pont-a-Mousson transmission.

1962 Chrysler 300
OIP.jpg

22674_849b70cb6f0dmbckrusch_1962_chrysler_300_sport_frtont_3qtr.jpg

72ec5?rik=sKUbNfsXChUAxw&riu=http%3a%2f%2fcar-from-uk.com%2febay%2fcarphotos%2ffull%2febay397425.jpg

I've all ready owned My choice for 28 yearz and that waz was just enough time. 2nd choice would be and early '80s Lamborghini LM002 in black an in black leather and a bumper grabber (like jaws of life with steal teeth) hung below the gill. Yeah Buddy,. Then go lookin' for '57 Chebbyz with continental kits on 'um, lol. Jer

Always about time and money. Changes occur on a daily basis. I've had a fascination with E types since 15. Folks wouldn't allow the wrecked one that could have been had for 1k back then. So it's one to continue to admire at a distance.
A 32 Imperial is another on that long list.
Screen-Region-2018-08-17-at-15.53.46-1.jpg
97930ae822dca3dc830676524d453aa6.jpg

Oh, lest I forget...1936 Rolls-Royce Sedanca drophead coupe. I saw one in a movie long ago. Just a few years ago, I got to see one up close and in person. Such a truly stunning piece of workmanship! And wonderfully sinister-looking, as an added bonus.

36-rolls-phantom3-dv-18-gc-02-800.jpg

36-Rolls-Phantom3-DV-12-AI_a03-800.jpg

upload_2021-7-13_14-29-2.jpeg

Probably the sexiest looking car of all time. Just a gorgeous design. Coupe or roadster.
But they have always had reliability issues.

EV conversion! Problem solved. :)

If you saw the 2011 movie "In Time" with Justin Timberlake and Olivia Wildes, you'd seen the electric XKE roadster that was converted/customized for the film. The movie is on several streaming sources now, IIRC. Good film, if you like good dystopian-future flicks.
OIP.jpg

Jaguar was planning to do XKE EV conversions themselves, but they "pulled the plug" on the project.
Jaguar halts plan for electric E-type Zero

Of course there are other options for DIY EV conversions, or companies that will do it for you.

If you saw the 2011 movie "In Time" with Justin Timberlake and Olivia Wildes, you'd seen the electric XKE roadster that was converted/customized for the film. The movie is on several streaming sources now, IIRC. Good film, if you like good dystopian-future flicks.
View attachment 474805

Wow, I've never heard of that movie, and I'm always looking for sci-fi's to watch. Looks like it has some pretty bad reviews, but I'll check it out anyhow. Thanks!

Jaguar was planning to do XKE EV conversions themselves, but they "pulled the plug" on the project.
Jaguar halts plan for electric E-type Zero

Of course there are other options for DIY EV conversions, or companies that will do it for you.

Wow, I've never heard of that movie, and I'm always looking for sci-fi's to watch. Looks like it has some pretty bad reviews, but I'll check it out anyhow. Thanks!

If critics say it sucks, its a good film. If they love it, pretty much a guarantee it sucks.

Back