What Makes a Police Fury a Pursuit Car?

Some of the 1973 Fury Pursuit special equipment and markings my Fury III has include a labeled switch to turn the AC off when over 85 mph to totally disable the compressor, a knob labled lock to fast idle, (this must be to boost rpm for the alternator to run all lights when parked, unit number painted in lower door jam, certified 140 speedo, traction Lok rear end, sway bars, battery shield, one key fits every lock on car even glove box, head liner has switch with reading light between visors, 440 steel crank shaft E86, U code engine, extra wide rims painted body color of brown, note 1973 is the first year for colored NE hwy patrol cars, whip antenna with antenna lock forward on windshield. Many F codes, roof reinforced, body extra weld options, special order stamp and added fender tag tab.

Can you post pictures of your fender tags?

Here is the fender tags along with pics of the reflective tape on the driver's door, and other highway patrol goodies as mentioned above on this original 73 fury III parked in 84 and set outside and rotted away. I value it as a car to save and making arrangements to get it inside now that I purchased it. My friend is an ex retired state trooper and kept a scrapbook with most every car he served duty in. I'll look for these pictures of him standing by his three 73 fury's he used. He had problems with the power steerings on these years. I have photos of his white, brown, and silver 73 furys he used in duty back then patroling the interstate. He loved these 73's just because they had reflective taillights and felt his safety was improved during evening traffic stops.

IMG_20170226_132103.jpg

IMG_20170226_131957.jpg

IMG_20170226_132033.jpg

IMG_20170226_131915.jpg

IMG_20170226_131843.jpg

IMG_20170226_131804.jpg

IMG_20170226_131640.jpg

IMG_20170226_132135.jpg

No A38 just like Washington State Patrol. Cool car. If you find those pictures of "every car he served with" please share them.

Here is a follow-up to my original post. This describes the police car options to include the "Pursuit" version. This is right from the Plymouth sales brochure. This should clear some things up, at least for the 1973 options.

01  1973 Fury Pursuit Police Option.JPG
02  Fury Pursuit.JPG
03  Fury Pursuit.JPG

Nice catch, gotta be a typo, should read 400...?

Clearly you have a lot of time on your hands

Here's a BS from a 69 DK car. The engine assembly is 919 indicating the C body L code 440-HP, auto transmission and A/C.

I do not have a broadcast sheet from a non "police" 440 HP C body to compare it to.

Does anyone have a broadcast sheet from a 69 non 'police' C body with 440 HP, automatic and A/C so we can compare the engine assembly numbers?
View attachment 114743

I know this post is a year old but I didn't see anyone post a non-police "69 Sport Fury" 440 HP, automatic and A/C broadcast sheet. Here is mine and it is the 919 engine code as well.

broadcast sheet.JPG

Again - while certain orders for "fleet, taxi etc" or other corporate purchases like police forces got certain special equipment as a matter of course, if the dealership knew how to pull the right strings one could get the special stuff in an otherwise regular car. As well, police forces could delete certain automatically applied heavy duty equipment if it was deemed unnecessary... hence the 6 cylinder patrol cars and such where one might wonder why a car didn't have higher perf guts...

Back