What other brand cars has your car been misstaken for??

Reaction score
Kinda funny, but this happens to me a lot!

I've got a 67 300 'vert and it attracts attention whenever I drive it. When I stop for gas, I usually get questions and comments form curious on-lookers. Some folks (in the minority) KNOW that it is a Chrysler and even know it's a 67 300. These people either had owned an old Chrysler in the past or their parents owned one.

The majority of the people DON't have a clue as to what kind of car it is!! The most common question I get is; "Is it a Thunderbird?" Funny, but the car was designed by Elwood Engle, the same guy that designed the early 60's T'Birds and Continentals. They usually see the script on the side of the car which spells out; Three Hundred and I guess they don't read it carefully enough and think it says Thunderbird!

The funniest thing was last time I got gas, a guy asked me if the car was an Oldsmobile! I was kinda shocked by that and told him it was a 67 Chrysler. I "almost" thought of saying; "This ain't no stickin' Oldsmobile; its a Chrysler and I'd NEVER own an Olds." Then I realized that Oldsmobile DID make some pretty decent cars in the past; not TOO shabby.

How about you guys?

I occasionally get questioned about what kind of car but the best was the time at a car show.... There was a couple guys passing out flyers for a local Mopar show. One of them walked over to the car and looked at the registration sticker (NYS has year, make and VIN on the sticker) and said "Yea, this is a Chrysler" to his friend.... Then they gave me a flyer.

When I had my '82 Imperial I went to the local parts store one day to pick up cleaning supplies and had a guy ask me what kind of car was it, I told him and he replied that he thought it was some kind of "custom Lincoln"!!

When I had my '82 Imperial I went to the local parts store one day to pick up cleaning supplies and had a guy ask me what kind of car was it, I told him and he replied that he thought it was some kind of "custom Lincoln"!!

I could see that.

Hell I'd still take a Mark VII anyday of the week.

I get a Buick every once in a while. I have to admit a '66 Wildcat has some similarity, but I don't think I have honestly ever seen one in person.

buick-wildcat-1966-9.jpg

I've had my Challenger mistaken for a Charger many times. One person called my Fury a "Furby"... once.
:mad:

4687.jpeg
Had a yard sale and my "mopar collection" lol was out. Many people said I like your Dodge but what is that big thing?
20160616_133726.jpg

I am amazed that my little 1986 Omni GLHS is now an antique

Last edited:
A better perspective on the size difference
20160616_133800.jpg

I had a guy think my black '70 Challenger was a blue Mustang.
And a guy I used to know that had a '55 Dodge took it to a show and won "Best Early Chevy". :BangHead:

''Isn't that the same kind of car Kenedy had?" I assume they were talking Lincoln.

For us Canadian Polara owners it's, WHY DID YO GO AND PUT A FURY DASH INTO YOUR POLARA?????"

Back