What should i do

marblemike

Reaction score
I found the problem today why i had a noise in right rear axle.
bought car from an seller in michigan.
said it had just been painted and drove great on the road.
had it shipped and picked car up 15 miles from the house.
when i got up to 30 miles an hr and heard a noise in right rear end drum or axle.
pulled drum off and it had a 3 inch crack in drum, thought that was the trouble, but noise was still there, thought axle bearing so i pulled axle today and you wont beleave what i found.
he told me he was state certified with michigan in collesion repair and body shop.
when i pulled axle i found he had tried to use a grinder to remove bearing cutting all the way through couldnt get it off i guess so he put it back togeather like that.
i replaced axle with bearing and that took care of it.
i havnt talk to him since i bought it, figured it would have issues but not this.
i have sent a few pics for you to see his shabby work.
think i will give him a chance to make it right or i am going to turn it over to the michigan insurance comm. and better buissenes bureo.
What do you guys think, do i suck it up or do i confront him.
i am preaty new to the forum but i have learned so much from you guys and your post.
any advise would be greatly appreciated.
well since i got the photoes of my 66 parts carand cant figure out how to delete them i would ask if this is a 318 poly motor. 66 plymouth fury 11 002.jpg66 plymouth fury 11 004.jpglplymouth axle and body troubles 004.jpglplymouth axle and body troubles 008.jpglplymouth axle and body troubles 026.jpglplymouth axle and body troubles 029.jpg
Thanks marblemike

lplymouth axle and body troubles 030.jpg

66 plymouth fury 11 002.jpg

66 plymouth fury 11 004.jpg

66 plymouth fury 11 008.jpg

lplymouth axle and body troubles 004.jpg

lplymouth axle and body troubles 008.jpg

lplymouth axle and body troubles 026.jpg

lplymouth axle and body troubles 029.jpg

Are you sure that bearing was ground through? That's a very neat slot that was cut if it was. Not something typical of someone that would just put it back together.

The rest of the car?? Guess it depends how much you paid for it. It looks like pretty typical northern rust to me. You may not be used to seeing that on Okie cars. If you paid a lot for the car, then you need to talk to him.

Yes, that's a poly motor.

That bearing wasn't cut by a grinder. That cracked axle bearing had nothing to do with the drum having a 3" crack in it. Are you sure there isn't any parts missing off the brakes that could of came loose?

What are your plans with this car because that one picture is showing some serious frame rot.

bought car from an seller in michigan.
said it had just been painted and drove great on the road.

i got the photos of my 66 parts car

Generally people from Michigan would want to buy a car from Oklahoma. How is the bottom of the good car?

Any pictures for us in the future?

Need any parts?
Copy of IMG_0805.jpg

Copy of IMG_0805.jpg

Was it sold as is? What was your due diligence? Too much missing info to offer meaningful advice.
Exactly, truly the only real recourse is small claims for damages. How is the car different than represented? Again we need more info.

Alan

Back