What to replace suspension (66 Fury).

Brakes, Suspension, Rims and Tires

1. mr. fix it

mr. fix it Old Man with a Hat

Quite a long time ago I had someone criticize me for trying to economize on certain aspects of a model RC aircraft hobby.
    I was scratching to come up with enough coin to be involved at the time.
    Their comment caused me to leave the club I was a member of since as always I look to have good value for my $$$ struck me that his was not for the weak of pocket book & if we couldn't fork over $50 for a one time levy for improvements we should not be in the club.
    'If you can't afford $50 then you shouldn't be in the hobby" was his comment.
    I took it as a Que to leave since i was one of the few brave enough to stand against the suggested levy so I resigned my position on the executive wishing them all the best in the future.

That person who made that comment was claiming to be living under the poverty line at the time yet selling his carved water fowls (ducks) under the table for $20,000+ a pop at the time hence in all reality ripping off the cdn government & ripple affect was me paying for his welfare cheques.

I'm not painting everyone with the same brush here but when I see comments about used underwear and living in Alabama it concerns me since we are supposed to be helping each other out.

I'm confident that I have earned the respect of our fellow members here & I can post without getting thrown under the bus.:lol:

2. Ross Wooldridge

Ross Wooldridge Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

I'll happily throw you under the bus, but I'll come under there with you! :canada::elmer::drama::icon_fU::lol:

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. mr. fix it

This is one of my favourites.
    i had this one at work & was forced to take it down by some overly sensitive co-worker.
    1534579592b3b2b9c02d9c00b16a8e35.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ross Wooldridge

:thumbsup:

5. 66Fury383

66Fury383 Member

Apparently we have found mobileparts fetish, used men's underwear! All jokes aside, I might be able to scrounge something useful up.

Fix It, that sounds like a pretty fun hobby, I would love to hear a little more about it!

6. BigblueC

BigblueC Well-Known Member

Wait, the model air planes or his knowledge of the used underwear market??? :rofl:

7. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

"It's a little known fact..."

:rofl:

8. mobileparts

mobileparts Active Member

And Scott (LocuMob),
    You know as soon as you are set, you know I will fully service you, you KNOW that !!!!!!!
    Yours, Craig......

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mr. fix it

:rofl:
    I'll never tell...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. mr. fix it

Hi Craig,

I don't know why but your responses are like dropping a big box of nuts & bolts into a metal bin from on high....loud & painful on the ears...
    Can't figure out why but it is. sorry.:rolleyes: it must be my fault...
    It could be the !!!!'s or CAPS locks or your approach to hinting that members are stupid or slow if they don't buy your parts just rubs me the wrong way. But that's your approach & it seems to work if you are generating sales.
    I hope you do well here selling you parts to the members here & on Facebook.

Until, I wish all the best.
    My apologies to everyone here that has to endure this hijacking of the thread due to a difference of opinions...

11. mobileparts

mobileparts Active Member

I am not on any of that social media garbage...no time to just simply talk, fix it.
    If you can't figure out that I AM helping people enjoy their rides -- don't worry, buddy, you are NEVER forced to use any of the GOLD I purposely hunt down.
    You can do it your own way, if that works for you -- I won't lose a minute of sleep over it.
    If you ever want to become a REAL MAN -- my number is listed...... NO pressure.... Good night.

12. mr. fix it

:wtf:
    A real man knows when to walk away and closing comments like this will lose you business
    Unbelievable...

13. Ross Wooldridge

Gentlemen. Please, both take a deep breath and step back.

Let's remember to look past writing styles and choices - I know from talking to Craig that he is simply emphasizing NY style when using caps, and may not even be aware that italics is available, or know that to many all caps is perceived by the reader as shouting. Certainly not Craig's intent.

Tom - knowing you and the kind of person you are, I also felt that your comments, however they were taken, were meant with no malice or intent to insult.

Ultimately, writing is in my opinion a terrible substitute for true conversation, either by phone or face to face, and misunderstandings are often avoidable.

Let's shake hands and make up now.:canada:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

Very true.

15. 66Fury383

66Fury383 Member

Mobileparts, please stop with the onslaught of sales propaganda on here. I can appreciate the hustle, but at this time I have no intention of purchasing anything from you and I don't appreciate you using my thread as a sales platform. Don't lose a minute of sleep over it please.

• Agree Agree x 1