What's the funniest mod you've seen in a while???

Woodward dream cruise.
E34723B4-C1C6-4BD0-AA57-B43534CF3659.jpeg

I always wonder how those altered short-wheelbase cars do making a turn?

Here are a few I have seen in shows over the years:

At the Chuy's Show in Bakersfield, 2010
IMG_4671.JPG

Western Street Rod Nats.
IMG_5278.JPG

Same show. This guy was from Bakersfield, and was known in the Mopar commiunity for buinding great rods. Yes, that's a 413 cross-ram.
IMG_5284.JPG

This was at the March Meets at Famoso Raceway in '07 or 8. Really cool!
caddikit.JPG
caddikit2.JPG

At the same March Meet. Not really weird, actually a cool rod. I just never understood the spiderweb motif.
spiderrod.JPG

If I was to ever own a Corvette, it would be a 1958-59 or one of these CRC rebodied Vettes.
At the American Graffiti Show in Modesto when my Son and I attended in '09, there was a re-bodied 'Vette. It was a rolled late-model car with a '57 fake put on it. It looked cool, but as soon as you looked at the rake of the windshield you knew it wasn't real. The interior was rte biggest give-away.

The owner saw us looking at it and asked us how we liked his '57? I said, "I think that kit is cool; what year is the chassis?" He became incredibly insistent that I was insulting him; it was a '57!!! To this day I don't know if he was joking.

That was on Friday before the Cruise. The show lasts three days with the last two being at the Modesto JC. It was there I learned that a lot of people get quite angry at others bringing in kit cars to a show that is supposed to be '74 and older cars. One guy, pointing out an Auburn boat-tail, was complaining that the car did not belong. When I asked why, he said it didn't matter what it looked like, the car was 6 months old. He said the same about all the Cobras at the show - they were all new cars!!

Maybe that's what the guy with the fake 'Vette was so defensive?

I don't have a file of the fake 'Vette, but here are some of the Cobras the man was complaining about:

IMG_2027.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG

Back