What's your Daily Driver?

Here's mine

Dave phone pics 396.jpg

Hyundia Santa Fe last couple years...
HHR this month.....
Back to the Santa Fe next month .....

If going to a buddies or out for a ride,, 2011 SRT or '66 Hemi Satellite .....

Hyundia Santa Fe last couple years...
HHR this month.....
Back to the Santa Fe next month .....

If going to a buddies or out for a ride,, 2011 SRT or '66 Hemi Satellite .....
How about a picture or two of the Satellite ?

Dave phone pics 396.jpg

That's the biggest flower truck I ever saw. :D

67 A100? Would be an awesome fit!
Unfortunately not big enough and I wouldn't have the heart to drive it in the winter.
It'll be a 200? Dodge if I can find a decent one or a Ford but it won't be a GM...

2006 mercury mountaineer with 181k. Or 1996 ram 1500 for trips to the dump or parts pick up.
occasionally if all goes well 2005 shadow sabre

I wish people would stop apologizing for any car that is not a Chrysler newer than a 90.
There hasn't been a Mopar built in 25+ years.

:BangHead:...and I wish people would stop saying that. I won't lie and tell you that I agree with every decision the company has made (or had imposed upon it), however the fact remains that more people are working in the Auburn Hills (MI) tech center now than when it was built 25 years ago. As you will recall, some of them (besides me) are even daily-driving 50-year-old C-bodies to work.

IMG-20151106-01978_zpsr30zkpix.jpg

Chrysler LLC or FCA US (or whatever name it's going by this week) has invested literal billions of dollars in capital improvements in the Detroit area in just the last 5-years. GM & Ford have done the same, so no shame in my eyes for driving their stuff either. It also funds the pensions and healthcare of the people who designed and built those 25+year old cars.

Yes all have also poured money into China, but they are now the world's largest market and it would be suicide not to invest there, especially when every other manufacturer is doing it. You want to see more US-made stuff shipped there? Have your government force their government to drop the 50% tariff added to US-made goods (of all kinds). I believe there is one person talking about this, and his own party is trashing him... Largely for this promise. And for the record most of Asia and Europe do the same thing to different degrees. If you want the hard numbers, I can cite them.

Besides, we can always hope the US shareholders of FiatChrysler wise-up and demand the money-losing Fiat side be sold off. :thumbsup:

Here are my and my wife's daily-drivers. Funny enough the mileage on each is almost identical, 150K each.

IMG-20150801-01640_zpsifbo4h9l.jpg

For a while we also had this, but knowing the 2015s would kill the 2012 resale, I sold it.

craigs1_zps007d18a6.jpg

I drive this occasionally, will be daily in the summer.

IMG-20160103-02089_zps6ly6wglc.jpg

and I am trying to add one of these to the fleet.

dodge-has-a-big-suv_zpsjtcmxqpe.jpg

89 5th Ave. Paid for ages ago. Stone axe reliable 318 2 bbl and cold A/C.

View attachment 73875

That is very nice. I had an '88 for a while (below). I also have an '89 (Twilight Blue) which I'd like to turn into a pro-touring car eventually... However if yours is ever available, get in touch. Yours looks a lot nicer than my '89.

SU1HLTIwMTMxMTI2LTAzMzM3LmpwZw_zpse287a57e.jpg

79 Opel Ascona with over 150 k mls, Body restored in 2006 still with the original pre Euro-plates and a 91 240 Volvo Estate for 17 years now, "the brick", well over 200 k miles, still presentable condition, but no actual pic here at the Moment. No newer cars planned to be bought in the future.

i_20140227-150320-360.jpg

Back