Wheels on a Newport

nice thread, I'm thinking about wheel choices for my 65 polara and so looking for pics and examples, i like the torq thrusts ALOT also the old hurricane turbo fin style rims...

nice thread, I'm thinking about wheel choices for my 65 polara and so looking for pics and examples, i like the torq thrusts ALOT also the old hurricane turbo fin style rims...

TT's or magnums both look great on a 65 Polara.

4sbcwx.jpg

:icon_lol: Always listen to Stan! This I have also learned, grasshopper! :notworthy: Seriously though, wheels are a very subjective thing to most folks. It's all in what look you're going for, as they can make or break the car to that end. Any of the proposed choices listed here would look great on your Polara, Detroit Lives. I personally considered many of them as well. The Torq Thrusts are one that looks good on almost any classic car, and have been a long time favorite of mine. However, since they are such a "no brainer" kind of choice, the look is a little played out, IMO. There's just too many of them out there for me. Just search around on this forum for pics, there are lots of them to help you visualize different choices. Good luck!

Also, just a follow up on my previous posts in this thread about the 255 rears rubbing. Let's just say that the inner fenders on these things are TOUGH! Although initially against the idea of the BFH, the rubbing was so slight and I needed so little clearance to alleviate it, that I decided the give it a try. Well, they just wouldn't budge! At least not at the level of aggression I was comfortable with, being as the outer skin in concave and not too awful far away from where I was whackin'! :icon_eek: In the end, I wound up cutting a slice into the inner, which allowed me to more easily bend it outward. I then welded a sheet metal filler panel into the gap, then undercoated to match. All in all, WAY more work than I wanted to do for about 1/2" of clearance, but I consider it done right now. What price fashion, eh? :euro_pimp:

Back