Which do you like better? Slab side or Fuselage?

I'll try and help. I like em all, but probably vote for fuselage. 1970 Sport Fury, being my favorite. Wish I had found a GT when they were somewhat affordable but I've never been all that lucky. Here's a better pic of my old SF right before I sold it in 2006
IMG_2932.JPG

You guys are TOO much:thumbsup:. Someone starts a thread about C body Mopars and folks start talking about Gremlins and Dusters! Its all good though far as I'm concerned:steering:
This place ran out of Ritalin a loong, loong time ago... You'll find it's more fun to embrace the insanity.

Though I love my plain jane radio delete Fury, the next one will be all about luxury and class in its day. 67 Imperial or the likes. Then after that somewhere in between like a 70 Fury with the nice hood bulges. Then the 68 sport suburban wagon is right up there. Oh ya forgot to mention that low mileage 66 Monaco with the 440 posted here recently should be in my barn as well. Sigh. The reality? A new trunk mat for the plain jane Fury.

Hey you are right, guilty as charged! Please accept my eternal apologies, and blame the overall enthusiasm for all Mopars that overrode the ability to focus on the post! C Body Mopars!

One of my cousins was a Gremlin guy. He had a red one with a white stripe. Gabriel Hijackers and L60's on Cragar's on the rear. Looked stupid to me....
All right, now we're getting personal. Remember the original question? When I said I think the '67-8 cars are ugly, I was questioned about that. Cars are all about taste and preference. Such a thing is very subjective.

But, here is a FACT. I get a lot more comments, looks, smiles, and questions when I drive the Gremlin than I do the Newport - and I drive the Newport a lot more!

My Son and I were at a Fling in Van Nuys with the Gremlin. Jay Leno skipped some wonderfully restored Mopars on his way to talk with my son about the Grem.

At another show a man moved his car to another location because, "I can't get any attention for my car because of that kid's Gremlin."

Say what you want, I know which of the two cars in my garage gets the better attention.

A high school buddy's dad was a Gremlin guy. A Levi Package blue, white stripes and FOUR cylinder stick for a company car. A Javelin, Amx or Matador. No, a Gremlin. Aptly named with the four. Yeah, we never drove that thing on a ski road trips. Guys preferred my six year old Charger.
The buddy survived.
Had to have been a '77; that was the only year for a 4 banger Gremlin. So, I don't know what you mean by "aptly named?"

Last edited:
Had to have been a '77; that was the only year for a 4 banger Gremlin. So, I don't know what you mane by "aptly named?"
Car was under powered and had reliability issues.

That's what I'd really like to know; hear from someone who has all three. How do you compare them, styling, handling and ride, quality control and reliability.

Although mine is a work in progress, I'm biased to the slab side design. But there are models in every other design that Id love to own.

20160918_183311.jpeg

Since you have all 3, what is your opinion, in regards to ride,build quality, how they drive etc. ?

That's a difficult question to answer. They are all very good cars. As far as build quality, I think the 67 Imperial, is the most impressive for its time. All the chrome, inside and out, the quality of workmanship really shows. I wish this was 1967 so I could have seen it before the span of time hadn't taken its toll. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great car, and I love it, but it's 50 years old! The handling is still very good, a little play in the steering box, but not bad. Very smooth and quiet, plenty of power. My biggest concern is the front seat foam crumbling from underneath. Yellow powder all the time on the floor.
The 73 Imperial is probably the most eye catching one of the bunch, and the smoothest to drive, handles like a dream. Every where it goes it gets attention, probably because of its size and distinctive look. King of the fuselages! I'm gonna get her repainted next year, same color just refreshed, love that burnished red! And with the new paints they use, it will look even better!
The 78 New Yorker, has the best interior of them all! I just wish they would have used real wood instead of plastic. What the heck, Jaguar did it! The leather seats are unbelievably comfortable. You can drive for hours in it and never get tired!
All in all if I had to pick the best riding one it would be the Fusey. My 73 Imperial LeBaron. But I enjoy them all!

Fusies will always be #1 in my book as far a C's go. With formals being a close 2nd. Slabs and forwards are tied in 3rd.

While I prefer the Rivera, I still think the Cadillac was outstanding too! Those were zenith styling years for GM.
The GM guys had some very stylish cars back then too. Two of my favorite cars of all-time are the 1970 Cadillac Deville and 1971 Buick Riviera. The massive front grille on the '70 Cadillac matched with those sleek rear fins makes for one gorgeous looking car. And the rear end on the '71 Riviera is just so darn big and sexy! I'd love to own both cars someday.

1970%20Cadillac%20Ad-10.jpg

3a.jpg

1971%20Buick%20Ad-03.jpg

097aa084c7709f8f7c8a3c622e8bd249.jpg

The GM guys had some very stylish cars back then too. Two of my favorite cars of all-time are the 1970 Cadillac Deville and 1971 Buick Riviera. The massive front grille on the '70 Cadillac matched with those sleek rear fins makes for one gorgeous looking car. And the rear end on the '71 Riviera is just so darn big and sexy! I'd love to own both cars someday.

1970%20Cadillac%20Ad-10.jpg

3a.jpg

1971%20Buick%20Ad-03.jpg

097aa084c7709f8f7c8a3c622e8bd249.jpg

While I really liked the 1965-6 Cadillacs and the 1966-7 Rivieras, I really didn't like the 1969 Cadillacs and thought the 1971 Rivera was just ugly and goofy. We are all so different in styling tastes, is the only comprehensible take away from this thread.......................

Exactly, different strokes for different folks. But I think most of us can at least appreciate ALL full sized cars of the 60s/70s even though we may not care for a particular brand or model year

Slabs based on appearances alone as I haven't had the opportunity to drive any of the others.

Styling is my first interest.
The improved ride and handling of the fusies then the formals was noticeable. I loved the ride and handling of dads 75 N.Y. 2dr.

Back