White interior question

Reaction score
I would like to change the interior of my convertible from black vinyl to white or pearl white and was just curious about the dash and carpet. Were these only available in black with the white interior or were other colors available? Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Well, I can only speak for myself, but our '68 300 with the pearl white interior has a black dash and black carpeting. I think the dash and carpet only matched the interior if it was anything OTHER than white or pearl white.

White dash pad and you won’t see much out the windshield. Cover you dash with white paper and see how it looks.
White carpet, never saw that in an old mopar. How fast would it get stained?

The only thing that goes white is seats, door panels, and armrests. All the rest like carpet, seat belts, kick panels, and dash was usually black. Certain years all the rest could be blue burgundy or green.

On my '70 ragtop the white interior came with a black dash and black carpet. Having just ordered new interior from Legendary, that's what I'm staying with.

Car as I bought it 18 years ago:
70interior2.JPG

My 67 Newport had the pearl white interior with a black dash and a turquoise carpet to match the exterior color. :realcrazy:

My 64 Imperial is Persian white exterior with pearl white seats and Door panels with red dash and carpet

my '66 Monaco is white seats and upper door panels, with black carpet, dash pad, steering wheel and column with black carpet on the lower part of the doors.

My '67 CE23 has the white vinyl "300" bucket seati nterior and buddy seat. Door panels are white, too. Dash pad, carpet, and rear package tray are black. In this case, "white" is "pearl white" from the factory. Exterior is pearl white vinyl over Turbine Bronze.

www.hamtramck-historical.com has the full info on interior trims.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Thanks for the replies! I definitely wouldn't go with a white dash, I was thinking of a color scheme like Imperial Dude has white upholstery with a red dash and carpet. I have a red translucent steering wheel that needs work but I thought it would work nicely with the white interior. I didn't want to go full red on the interior because that would get too hot in the south Florida sun.

Back