Whitewalls or Blackwalls for the 300L

It looks good both ways but I prefer white walls. But in any case I would not want to see BF GOODRICH or COOPER HYDROPLANER adverts . :D

White wall tires. I have a hard time believing a 1965 automobile left the factory with black wall tires.
IMG_1608.JPG

I registered for Carlisle in the 300 letter series class. The paint is not in great shape not to mention the holes in the front fenders from the mirrors but we will be there.

I'm another who says whitewalls. They just dress up and set off the black perfectly. The blackwalls look like they are apologizing for being there.

I registered for Carlisle in the 300 letter series class. The paint is not in great shape not to mention the holes in the front fenders from the mirrors but we will be there.
NICE!

I was doing some thinking, which isn't always a good idea but I would like some feedback. The car came from the factory with black wall tires. I now have white walls on her. I photo shopped the picture in my Picasa to remove the whitewalls.. I like the look both ways and wanted to see what some of you thought.View attachment 128392View attachment 128393

The blackwalls make the car (and the owner) appear cheap - except if you mounted them on a set of American TorqueThrust Ds.

redlines single or dual or dual or triple white stripe (don't know when those started though)

RWL

Or blackwalls

To someone my age blackwalls say "i couldn't afford the whitewalls".
Just like this black wheel fad today says to me "someone stole my wheel covers".

To someone my age blackwalls say "i couldn't afford the whitewalls".
Just like this black wheel fad today says to me "someone stole my wheel covers".
I remember going in and checking prices. WW were $2 more each. When I said no, I'll take the BW, they didn't have any and mounted the WW in. They were just as cheap as me.

I remember going in and checking prices. WW were $2 more each. When I said no, I'll take the BW, they didn't have any and mounted the WW in. They were just as cheap as me.
Then there those like my grandpa's generation. Had the dealer swap out the w.w. and fancy wheel covers on his new 62 Valiant. Too flashy for him. I think the porter swapped hub caps and b.w. tires with him.
I remember my dads greatest concern when i was starting to drive was not scraping the w.w. on the curb! Didn't seem to care much how fast i drove!

Also first question my dad would ask "Do you have any Blems?"
Then WW/BW price.

Back