Who makes a seat cover for a front bench seat for 74 Fury III or monaco?

Reliabilityman

Reaction score
Mine front bench seat is in sad shape. Is there anyone making seat covers for these front bench seats? If not is there a close fit to another manufacturer or Mopar brand that will work?

Thanks!

IMG_8410.JPG

SMS should have the material. You can then have an upholsterer install it for you. That is what I did for my 1971 Monaco and 1972 NYB.

Please tell us something more about the car. Looks to be an interesting Fury III.

Please tell us something more about the car. Looks to be an interesting Fury III.
I bought it from the original owners son. His parents bought it new in 1974. Its been garage kept most of its life until the last 10 years. It has 150K miles on it. 400 BB. It needs some TLC. Windshield, seat, fuel pump and perhaps a transmission rebuild? I havent got it running yet or off the trailer from when I bought it 2 weeks ago. Its in great shape overall.

Cool!

When you get around to shooting more pictures, please post them here. A fender tag pic would also be welcome.

Looks great in Frosty Green without a vinyl top!

It's a Newark-assembled car (7th digit in the VIN is an F) and usually such cars were sold new in the more Eastern states, so to find one as far west as Missouri is a bit of a surprise. Where did the parents of the seller live when they bought the car new?

That fender tag is really interesting, also see this comment. Could you also manage a pic of the door sticker?
Yes I will. Can you help decipher the rest of the fender tag for me. I know for sure the following. E63= 400 cubic inch 2 barrel carb, D34 =Torque flight Transmission (is this a 727 assuming?) PH41= Plymouth High 4 Door (not sure what the 1 represents) M4F= (Not sure of what the M stands for but the 4 is for 74 and F= Newark Delawhere.

You are correct in that the car was made in December of 1973 as the door tag shows 12/73 on it. I will post a picture in a few. Can you tell me what the rest of the numbers and letters on the fender tag means?

The car actually came out of Middle Kansas. Even further west than Missouri from the east coast!!

Here you go, from bottom to top:

E63 = 400 cid Engine
D34 = Torqueflight Transmission
PH41 = Full-Size Plymouth, High Price Class, 4-Door Sedan
M4F = 400 cid Engine, 1974 Model Year, Newark Assembly
152371 = Sequential Production Number

KG2 = Body Color Frosty Green
C1G6 = Cloth-And-Vinyl Bench Seat, Green
KG7 = Upper Door Frame Color Green
C11 = Scheduled Production Date December 11 [1973]
104980 = Vehicle Order Number

KG2 = Roof Color Frosty Green
U = US Market
B41 = Power Brakes, Front Disc, Rear Drum
G52 = Remote-Control Outside Mirror, Left
H51 = Manual Airco
J52 = Inside Hood Release

L31 = Fender-Mounted Turn Signals
L81 = Door-Ajar Warning Light
V5X = Vinyl Side Protection, Black
END = End of Sales Codes

Let me know if you can find a new windshield...last time I checked nobody was re-popping them for Formals anymore and it was used only as an option.

Here you go, from bottom to top:

E63 = 400 cid Engine
D34 = Torqueflight Transmission
PH41 = Full-Size Plymouth, High Price Class, 4-Door Sedan
M4F = 400 cid Engine, 1974 Model Year, Newark Assembly
152371 = Sequential Production Number

KG2 = Body Color Frosty Green
C1G6 = Cloth-And-Vinyl Bench Seat, Green
KG7 = Upper Door Frame Color Green
C11 = Scheduled Production Date December 11 [1973]
104980 = Vehicle Order Number

KG2 = Roof Color Frosty Green
U = US Market
B41 = Power Brakes, Front Disc, Rear Drum
G52 = Remote-Control Outside Mirror, Left
H51 = Manual Airco
J52 = Inside Hood Release

L31 = Fender-Mounted Turn Signals
L81 = Door-Ajar Warning Light
V5X = Vinyl Side Protection, Black
END = End of Sales Codes
Thats GREAT!!!! Thanks for the information. I had looked around the internet but couldnt find anything for a C-Body!!
Here is the door tag

Doot Tag.jpg

Let me know if you can find a new windshield...last time I checked nobody was re-popping them for Formals anymore and it was used only as an option.
No luck yet! I found a place that would charge me $3500 to make a mold and create one from scratch. I may start a side business to sell 1974 Plymouth Fury Windshields!! :LOL

Thanks! It just got still more interesting.

According to press information, the last production day before the Christmas break for Newark was Friday, December 21, 1973. The door sticker has an MDH value of 122014, which translates to December 20, between 2 and 3 PM. So your car is one of the very last C-bodies to have ever been assembled at Newark, because from January 1974 on they only made A-bodies. Remember that C11 on the fender tag is just a scheduled production date, the actual production date is revealed by the MDH = "Month-Day-Hour".

And another reminder: PH41M4F152371 is not one of the highest VINs, as many people are inclined to think when talking about "last so-and-so". The highest VIN I ever found for 1974 MY Newark-assembled C-bodies is PL41K4F159564, a modest Fury I.

Considering the unrestored condition of the car, you may even get lucky and find a broadcast sheet with still more info. The easiest place to look for one would be under the back seat.

Thanks! It just got still more interesting.

According to press information, the last production day before the Christmas break for Newark was Friday, December 21, 1973. The door sticker has an MDH value of 122014, which translates to December 20, between 2 and 3 PM. So your car is one of the very last C-bodies to have ever been assembled at Newark, because from January 1974 on they only made A-bodies. Remember that C11 on the fender tag is just a scheduled production date, the actual production date is revealed by the MDH = "Month-Day-Hour".

And another reminder: PH41M4F152371 is not one of the highest VINs, as many people are inclined to think when talking about "last so-and-so". The highest VIN I ever found for 1974 MY Newark-assembled C-bodies is PL41K4F159564, a modest Fury I.

Considering the unrestored condition of the car, you may even get lucky and find a broadcast sheet with still more info. The easiest place to look for one would be under the back seat.
Well that is interesting. On a humorous note. The old saying was never buy a car built on a Friday afternoon or right before a holiday. I guess this car had the bugs worked out of it by now. Eventually when I get to replacing the interior, I will get to see if the sheet is under the seat!!

Back