Whos going to Carlisle?

Really wanted to have the GT there this year but the block is still at the machine shop (supposedly ready to be picked up this weekend... lol)

It'll be another year with the Newport, not that I'm complaining. Hard to beat crusing the town in the evenings with the top down!

20210711_141056.jpg

20200710_205612.jpg

The Pumpkin is all loaded up and ready to go, gonna be leaving tomorrow morning at 7am.

Safe travels everybody and hope to see most of you there. Stop by either of our 2 cars and say hello, and for some beer (which is Bud Light) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks Ross! Hope to chat with you guys that are attending the show, and meet for a group picture if there is one. I may be wearing the same shirt as in this picture, so say hi if you see me wandering around.

View attachment 543950
Driving down or trailering Mike?
Regardless you will love the experience. Well deserved too No doubt!!

Driving down or trailering Mike?
Regardless you will love the experience. Well deserved too No doubt!!
Thanks Leaburn! I am driving it down. I have some spare fluids, parts and tools packed just in case, and all my cleaning supplies to clean it back up when I get there.

Thanks Leaburn! I am driving it down. I have some spare fluids, parts and tools packed just in case, and all my cleaning supplies to clean it back up when I get there.
Atta boy!
They were built to be driven!
Several shows that I drove to, some asked me where did I park my truck and trailer!!
The fun begins with some head scratching and questions about your "Canadian" car.
In 2016 Rene and I took his 66 300 sedan to Carlisle educating those who were puzzled by his "Canadian" car. Lol!
Having your car displayed in building T at Carlisle is the highest honor. Congrats!

Mike66Chryslers,
You are a REAL MAN, EH ??? That is the way to do it .....
Coming from Canada, you should have 4 men in the car to split the expenses, and
Enjoy life and the show now that the borders are open.....

Where are the rest of you REAL MEN to join Mike in the expedition to Heaven, ???
EH ???

P.S. I am at the Hershey rest stop (giving my van a break)
With 72 Brake Drums and Rotors, Milk crates full of U.S.A. made Front End,
Boxes of NEW Master Cylinders, Tons of *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos Brake Pads & Brake Shoes.... and a whoooooole lot more.....

You think I weigh just a little bit ??? In pounds or kilos !!!

I am 45 minutes away.... See ya' at H 107 - H 108...... Craig.....

My dad and I will be there again this year in the big New Yorker (spot G117), gonna drive up tomorrow. A little nervous as a new trans leak popped up right before the trip but just gonna pack a lot of ATF. Excited for a nice drive and to see all you guys!

I try to say this to guys that are going for the first time (and some that just go to Carlisle). Stop in Hershey, just up the road, and tour the AACA museum. It will take a couple hours and well worth going.

Hershey Antique Auto Museum | AACA Museum | Hershey, PA
My dad and I went last year and thought it was really cool, just wondering, do they change the exhibit year to year. I think last time it was truck themed

Good Afternoon All
The 'Party Barge' shoves off tomorrow at 0-Dark Thirty (probably between 0430-0500). Mr. Garmin says 7 hrs (approx). Hope to be there early afternoon, (many parts to pick-up, would like to get that done on Thursday.
My window sticker says G217 not sure about shade as this is the first year, so there will be a 'learning curve'. Have a canopy packed.
Safe travels to everyone, Hope to meet many of you.
Omni

My dad and I went last year and thought it was really cool, just wondering, do they change the exhibit year to year. I think last time it was truck themed
They change some of the cars. The Tucker and the bus exhibits are permanent.

This year they have "orphan" cars and an AMC exhibit.

I rolled into my spots here at Carlisle at 4:32 A.M. --- got 1 1/2 hours catnap ---
And started setting up at 6 :00 A.M. ----
Got about 80 % set up --- and was ready to fire up, if necessary ----

And, it I S Necessary..... I have been sitting in my van the last hour as we have had drizzle, light rain, rain, heavy rain twice 10 minutes each, and is between rain and heavier rain still ..... so much for their " perfect for 4 days forecast " .....

Those who were here today walking around were buying, for the most part....
That is why I am only 80 % set up --- I was servicing paying customers, and potential customers --- Service first, always.....

Those who I serviced and didn't buy, thanked me for taking the time to help them, guide them, etc., etc......

It truly was a good day, and a heckuva good start.... I will finish setting up 6 : 00
A.M. tomorrow.. going to go get breakfast and food shopping for the week....
skies look decent now... my tablet says it should finish around 8 : 00 P.M.

A good amount of Canadians here, EH ??, already.... they are Very Happy to be here, and all I encountered today ( 20 or so already) had GREAT outlooks about life.... some were definite customers / friends of mine through the years.....

Can this show get better every day ??? I hope so !!!

Yours, Craig.....

I rolled into my spots here at Carlisle at 4:32 A.M. --- got 1 1/2 hours catnap ---
And started setting up at 6 :00 A.M. ----
Got about 80 % set up --- and was ready to fire up, if necessary ----

And, it I S Necessary..... I have been sitting in my van the last hour as we have had drizzle, light rain, rain, heavy rain twice 10 minutes each, and is between rain and heavier rain still ..... so much for their " perfect for 4 days forecast " .....

Those who were here today walking around were buying, for the most part....
That is why I am only 80 % set up --- I was servicing paying customers, and potential customers --- Service first, always.....

Those who I serviced and didn't buy, thanked me for taking the time to help them, guide them, etc., etc......

It truly was a good day, and a heckuva good start.... I will finish setting up 6 : 00
A.M. tomorrow.. going to go get breakfast and food shopping for the week....
skies look decent now... my tablet says it should finish around 8 : 00 P.M.

A good amount of Canadians here, EH ??, already.... they are Very Happy to be here, and all I encountered today ( 20 or so already) had GREAT outlooks about life.... some were definite customers / friends of mine through the years.....

Can this show get better every day ??? I hope so !!!

Yours, Craig.....

I'm sure 'Uncle Eddie' would be happy to witness this scene....

I am crossing my fingers to find bumpers for my 65 Fury ( I know.....Unicorn....) LOL
Leaving tomorrow night and be there Friday AM.

It did rain last evening , 6 : 30 to 7: 45,,,
Beeeeeeeeee utiful today, may got a little warmer....

Ice cold waters for anyone who needs one, FREE , of course,
Here at H 107 - H 108 , see ya' here, Craig.....

Back