Whos going to Carlisle?

Another day winding down here at Carlisle....
I am about to hop in the shower....

Today was absolutely PERFECT weather---- a little breeze for much of the day which made it spectacular....
The place was very crowded for a Thursday, and I had a steady line of patrons, both regulars and newbies....
A newbie, Joe from nearby York, came by four times, and kept buying something else !!! He is my high sale of the show so far, when you add up the 4 purchases...

But, I gladly welcome someone to reduce him to # 2 !!!

The Canadians are a blast....so many I have known for many years, and so many new guys AND gals / their wives are just so grateful to be here, really enjoying the festivities, despite the price of gas ($4.69 a gallon here in Carlisle --- they are paying OVER $ 2.00 a litre for the first time ever --- which translates to $ 8.00 a gallon... Yikes....) They don't care --- they needed this " therapy " --- to enjoy a road trip, see their many friends, and enjoy the # 1 MOPAR EVENT in the Universe....

And, just think, the best is yet to come !!!

One real funny thing happened at my spot this morning.... Three separate duos or a group of four all came to my H 107 - H108 at the same time.... None of them knew the others were coming here --- and it was like a family reunion with group hugs, and everything !!! And all of them drove here from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area, and frequently meet up at a local cruise night....

How cool to just be part of so many great things today !!!

And just think, the best is yet to come !!!

See ya' here at H 107 - H 108, stop by, say hi, we could be part of a special good time...... off to the shower ..... Craig ......

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't get back to you all with updates about Carlisle these past two days, but suffice it to say that one word describes this year's show :
FANTASTIC......

I haven't seen this place so packed in ten years !!! The buying is tremendous --- every vendor I know, I have spoken to, etc., etc. Is reporting double thumbs up....I am on the other side, so I can't see the car show itself --- and Carlisle hasn't announced yet whether we have hit the " 3000 cars " plateau, but the talk in the aisles, is that" they haven't seen so many beautiful MOPARS in one place ever....

KhryslerKid, over on FBBO, has taken a lot of photos, and they are breathtaking....
FCBO is extremely well represented, and they have a photo of about a dozen guys somewhere on this site ---- but there are a lot more guys here than that --- and I have had more than 20 here at my stand....

Driving out to get my one meal of the day, I buzzed up and down the Vendor aisles --- and I would say, about 1/ 2 remain... If you can only come Sunday, you had better get here at 6 : 45 A.M. sharp.... Vendors will be packing feverishly....

Many car show participants left tonight, because they don't spend for the ridiculously overpriced Saturday night in the local hotels, and get a jump start on their way home...

People have come from far and wide to get here --- I have heard and seen: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, Colorado, and California, and of course, many, many Canadians, EH ??

I have been at Chryslers @ Carlisle all 32 years of the show....
I started vending here, year 4, of the show, and in my 29 years of vending,
This year, is my # 1 Chryslers @ Carlisle!!!

I brought 50 BEIGE/ TAN O.E.M. MOPAR Distributor Caps --- and have sold 48....
I brought *** 72 *** N.O.S. U.S.A. made Brake Drums and Rotors --- 16 were spoken for in orders called in --- I must have sold about 47 ( one guy did buy
One (1) ?!?!... )

I hope, if you are reading the updates of the show, and couldn't attend , you are vicariously living through us this year,, and getting some satisfaction from knowing that this show is getting Greater every year.....

I have one piece of advice --- I don't care where you are --- and unless circumstances absolutely must prevent you from being here --- take five (5) days out of your life in 2023, and be here at Chryslers @ Carlisle.....I promise you, that you will Love it--- whether it is your First, or Thirty Third.......

Yours, Craig.....

I'll be there Friday AM with No. 1 son in the G-2XX area. Look for my red '66 with the 'RIPIN8R' front tag. Will have plenty of shade and a cooler full of ice cold water and some Yuengling.
Nice to meet you yesterday! Thanks for answering all my questions.

I just finished packing up, and I am about to hit the road , heading back to Longgg Island.....
They only just this morning, around 11 : 00 A.M. ---- when virtually NO ONE is there --- announced the final number of cars ----
The new record, for the sixth of the last 7 years --- 3101 cars on the showfield !!!!
That counts the Neons, the Omnis, the P T Cruisers, etc. --- but that is still very impressive, I think --- 3101 MOPARs.....

On to 4000 !!!!

They should announce how many vendors there actually are, just for the heck of it --- because they have put some in the lower car corral, for the 2nd consecutive year --- because --- we --- are filling the 94 acres !!!!

Final precipitation count :
Wednesday evening : 6 : 30 P. M. to 7 : 45 P. M.
Friday evening: 6 : 45 P.M. to 7 : 55 P. M.
Saturday afternoon: 12 : 45 P.M. to 1: 10 P. M. ( scared many / much scurrying )
Saturday evening: 7 : 00 - 7 : 30 P.M.

Never torrential, mostly drizzle and light rain, 2 -- 10 minute periods of heavier rain Wednesday night was the worst....
Very very liveable !!!!
Winds : Calm to 10 m p h all five (5) days // Very Very liveable....

Never topped 90 ° --- highs of 85 ° to 87 ° all five days, evenings in the mid 60 s,
Very comfortable sleeping weather.....

This Chryslers @ Carlisle was a GREAT one.......

Yours, Craig.....

I loved the amount of vendors and found most of what i needed. I was disappointed by not seeing more 65 cbodies there.

Good Day All
Just got home a couple of hours ago. We always stay Sunday night /leave Monday A.M.
The 'Party Barge' logged 1050 miles since last Thursday A.M. The only issue was a plugged fuel filter which was remedied on the show field in about 20 minutes.
Was able to meet many from the site along with several vendors (Mobile Parts and Halifax shops to name a few).
Thanks to all who participated. This was the first time in several years I was able to make the show. I hope it won't be my last.
Omni

Good Day All
Just got home a couple of hours ago. We always stay Sunday night /leave Monday A.M.
The 'Party Barge' logged 1050 miles since last Thursday A.M. The only issue was a plugged fuel filter which was remedied on the show field in about 20 minutes.
Was able to meet many from the site along with several vendors (Mobile Parts and Halifax shops to name a few).
Thanks to all who participated. This was the first time in several years I was able to make the show. I hope it won't be my last.
Omni
Great meeting you and great seeing the "famous party barge" in person! Good luck with the Meguiar's and the paint finish. Glad you were able to get there, and nice to hear you made it home OK.

As much as it pains me to say it, I didn't meet up with anyone from fcbo aside from bumping into a few vendors stands. This year was crazy. I was very busy back and forth for parts and searching for the scoops that I am after. I found one. And I found another M46 to put into my registry.
I missed the 10 am picture too. There just doesn't seem to be enough time to do half the items I plan on doing before I go. Doesn't help that I couldn't keep a charge on the phone this year due to too many pictures.
@mobileparts I tried to stop by and say hi, 3 times. You were covered up. It's amazing how many customers you have compared to some of your neighbors. It shows your tremendous value to this hobby and profession.

Josh / Cuda Hunter,
" Covered Up " ????

I was open every day from 7 : 00 A.M. to 7 : 00 P.M. --- not like so many of the
8 to 5 pansies ( L O L ) .......
And if you got there after 7 : 00 P.M. , I was sitting there eating breakfast, and then, taking my shower right next door ...

How did I miss you ???

Oh well, by phone, all year long, or next year at H 107 - H 108.... I am already paid for, for 2023 ......

Yours, Craig.....

Yep, that's what I meant. Covered up in people buying stuff. Seriously, every time I went by you had multiple customers. Great to have you there!

As hard as I worked, and multi tasked, serving 2 and 3 customers at a time,
I had a 9 hour line on Friday from 9 A.M. until 6 P.M., and
I had an 8 hour line on Saturday from 9 A.M. until 5 P.M.....

I am in the midst of processing 27 post Chryslers @ Carlisle orders....

To tell the truth, it was --- T O O --- Crazy....

I had customers giving other customers a hard time when they couldn't
" poop or get off the potty " .... because they were on line, and wanted to be served....

I must have worked 340,000 hours last week --- and, I am *** STILL AT IT ***

Yours, Craig.....

" poop or get off the potty " .... because they were on line, and wanted to be served....

Yours, Craig.....

The Mopar folks are tough crowd!

Yours, Craig.....
Definately felt the pain Craig never even got over to see you.

Back