Why do I keep getting a certificate related securtiy alert pop-up on this site?

FURYGT

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It keeps on popping up over and over, sometimes 15 times in a row freezing the site.

I have the site listed as a trusted site.

Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

It keeps on popping up over and over, sometimes 15 times in a row freezing the site.

I have the site listed as a trusted site.

Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening?

Windows?

Running Windows 7 and IE 11.

Its most likely a setting on your browser.

Try this

Disable the Internet Explorer Security Certificate
Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools," or the gear icon. Click "Internet Options" and click on the "Advanced" tab. Navigate to the "Security" subheading and remove the check marks on both the “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” and “check for server certificate revocation” options. Click "OK" and then click "Apply." You may have to restart your computer for the options to fully take effect. Reload the website you were attempting to visit.

Its most likely a setting on your browser.

Try this

Disable the Internet Explorer Security Certificate
Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools," or the gear icon. Click "Internet Options" and click on the "Advanced" tab. Navigate to the "Security" subheading and remove the check marks on both the “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” and “check for server certificate revocation” options. Click "OK" and then click "Apply." You may have to restart your computer for the options to fully take effect. Reload the website you were attempting to visit.

I have already done that with no change.

Under User configuration - Preferences - Control Panel Settings - Internet Settings - Internet (Advanced) scroll right to the bottom and uncheck "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode."

I get a similar popup from my Kaspersky Antivirus, pain in the ***. I still haven't figured out what option to declick to stop it.

Under User configuration - Preferences - Control Panel Settings - Internet Settings - Internet (Advanced) scroll right to the bottom and uncheck "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode."

Already done and still have this extremely annoying issue.

upload_2017-8-6_9-4-39.png

I do not seam to get this error message if I use Chrome.

Certificate seams to be ok. Suspect it may be the darn ads that run on the right side of some pages.

upload_2017-8-6_9-14-50.png

I do not seam to get this error message if I use Chrome.

Certificate seams to be ok. Suspect it may be the darn ads that run on the right side of some pages.

No, I'm almost sure its your browser -- not the site. I have IE11 and none of this happens to me.

And what do you think the issue is with my browser? I don't have any issues on any other site.

If I had a dollar for every time that was said to me....

As I said, I don't have the problem on my IE 11. If it was the site it would likely affect me also.

I suspect its some setting on your browser.

Ok.... Try this

Fixing the error
  1. Make sure your computer's time and date are accurate.
  2. Right click on the time to adjust the time and date.
    - Because steps may vary, we recommend consulting your Operating System's help file for additional assistance.

If the error continues after trying the above steps:

1. Launch Internet Explorer on a desktop computer.
  2. Click Tools | Internet Options.
    - The "Internet Options" window appears.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. Under "Security", uncheck the boxes "Check for publisher's revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation."
  5. Click Apply.
  6. Click Ok.
  7. Close and relaunch Internet Explorer, which should correct the error.

Back