Why do they call it a Charger?

I remember seeing one of those GTOs a decade or so ago. I barely paid any attention to it. They looked so much like the Sunfire that I thought they were just a front drive four or V6. I had no idea they were a V8 car.

LOL, I took my driver's test in a six cylinder '81 Fairmont similar to the one a few posts ago. I actually kind of liked them, especially the 2-doors. One of my buddies had a two door with a four banger/4-speed combo. I thought about buying one and stuffing a 351W in it. Seemed like the sheet metal on them and the Mustangs of that era was very thin.

Nova was another name that went away then came back on something that resembled a Hyundai Pony and had nothing in common with the original car.

th

th
The recycled Nova name was on a Toyota, same as a Geo model. Even some of the parts had Toyota cast into them(brake calipers).

I see those gtos at the track pretty often. Some pretty quick ones too.

I dunno whether the industry has really improved. Fake machismo will never die.

2017-Dodge-RAM-2500-front-view-headlights-and-grille.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

2017-gmc-sierra-1500_15.jpeg
I'm waiting for one of the big three to just come out with a Tonka Edition.
These just look toy-like to me.

View attachment 102274 The missing continuity is the Problem, if there would have been a continouus Evolution over the last 50 years noone would cast doubt on the justification of the GTO or Charger moniker.
Hey Klaus. Next time you're out and about with your camera and see one. Please shoot a couple pix of the 300 touring addition and show our friendz what the FULL SIZE Magnum Long Roof looks like. I'd ask one of our friendz in OZ but the steering wheel iz on the wrong side in their country, Jer

chrysler-300c-chr_300_08_kb_1.jpg

Just made a 400 mile trip to Berlin to shoot this one for you, Jer. Let me know if you like to see another Color.
We have a secretary who owns one of These, but if you'd know her, you'd rather like to see a pic of her preferably in her pretty tight summer clothes. :D

Skipping to the end and not reading all the posts....

I know a lot of people who actually hated this car being called a Charger. "Who ever heard of a Charger with 4 doors?" The Chrysler Corp. sold over 300,000 of these the first two years. Call it whatever one might, the car is a winner.

Back