Wilwood drum to disk brake conversion kit

Could it be that the Wilwood rotors are made out of better materials? Also, thinner rotors would shed their heat more quickly than thick so that would be a plus. But I guess they would also heat up more quickly and be more likely to warp if overheated, again, unless the design and/or materials are somehow better.

I don't mean to threadjack, but in doing my comparison it looks like going with 69-72 OEM pieces would be about $700. That's using Autozone Duralast components so maybe not the best out there. But if I'm going to spend more on an aftermarket kit, I'd certainly want it to be superior. Not just-as-good or not-as-good.

Last edited:
Could it be that the Wilwood rotors are made out of better materials? Also, thinner rotors would shed their heat more quickly than thick so that would be a plus. But I guess they would also heat up more quickly and be more likely to warp if overheated, again, unless the design and/or materials are somehow better.

I don't mean to threadjack, but in doing my comparison it looks like going with 69-72 OEM pieces would be about $700. That's using Autozone Duralast components so maybe not the best out there. But if I'm going to spend more on an aftermarket kit, I'd certainly want it to be superior. Not just-as-good or not-as-good.
When you upgrade front brakes to 69-72 what car are you getting them off of? And if you were doing the lower controls where can you get them from to upgrade that too?

Back