Window Regulators?

Clay Harrison

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Probably gonna get flamed for this but I cant seam to find the answer to this so here goes- I'm missing the passenger side rear window regulator on my 66 Sport Fury Vert.
Anyone know if the fronts and the rears are the same? I just need the part where the handle goes that bolts to the interior of the door. Also what other cars are interchangeable? 4 door? two door rear only?

Fronts and rears will not be the same.
Rears on a slab-side 2dr are far more complex than the fronts, due to the window needing to rotate as it nears the bottom.
I don't know on a vert or the 2dr 65-66 NY coupe.

With that said, you might be able to modify a front to work in the rear, but would take some creativity/ingenuity and you'd likely need the other side out to use as a pattern.

Looking at my service manual, regulator assemblies are different between 2dr ht and conv quarter windows.
If OP is referring to just the window crank gear piece it's got three rivets you could drill out. That piece is probably common to both HT & conv. & possibly fronts and sedans also. Below is my drivers side qtr window assembly for ref.
IMG_0635.JPG

i would like to convert my 67 newport vert to power windows. does anyone have any experience doing this?

Back