Window won't work

Mopartoo

Reaction score
77 New Yorker my driver side window motor is working but the windows not moving. I've read about a puck? What exactly is that?

Basically, in order not to destroy the motor if the window becomes stuck, the main gear in the centre of the motor is surrounded by several plastic pieces [pucks] which are designed to break should that (stuck window) occur. Of course, this requires the [Careful] removal of the window and motor, opening the motor and cleaning/repacking with new grease and replacing the pucks and testing. If the motor is damaged beyond repair a replacement motor may be required: watch this video as it shows the inside of the motor and when the gear (or pucks) has/have failed.

*DANGER*
Make sure you read the FSM before even thinking of taking that window motor out. This is a very dangerous operation and you could easily lose fingers if you don't have the arms drilled and bolted together before removing the window motor.

There is a spring mounted to the window regulator and it will come screaming at your fingers if you try to unbolt the window motor without caging those arms. Trust me....it's the most dangerous procedure you can do on Formal.

*DANGER*
Make sure you read the FSM before even thinking of taking that window motor out. This is a very dangerous operation and you could easily lose fingers if you don't have the arms drilled and bolted together before removing the window motor.

There is a spring mounted to the window regulator and it will come screaming at your fingers if you try to unbolt the window motor without caging those arms. Trust me....it's the most dangerous procedure you can do on Formal.

YIKES!!!!

Check the FSM for the proper place to put the window before you do anything other than look at it! The "guide hole" might already be in the linkage arms, so they'll need to line up and have something securely inserted to keep things in place. That picture indicates there are cables which move the glass, rather than gears, so check the videos and FSM to make sure which version your vehicle has.

CBODY67

Back