WIRE WHEELS

did mopar in the 50's and or 60's ever offer 14 inch wire wheels if so on what picts ???
I believe 1956 was the last year for factory option "Motor Wheel" brand wire spoke wheels on Chryslers & Imperials. The Imperial had a larger bolt circle and were wider. These early Chrysler wire-spoke wheels have the same bolt circle as the later 14" rims so are seen often on these later cars. Not factory, but nice eye candy. "Picts" ? The red car below is our '64 300K rag with the OEM spare from our '55 C300. I always liked the look of the wires with the wide WSW.

64NP wires.jpg

Barber car with wire-spoke wheel..jpg

I believe 1956 was the last year for factory option "Motor Wheel" brand wire spoke wheels on Chryslers & Imperials. The Imperial had a larger bolt circle and were wider. These early Chrysler wire-spoke wheels have the same bolt circle as the later 14" rims so are seen often on these later cars. Not factory, but nice eye candy. "Picts" ? The red car below is our '64 300K rag with the OEM spare from our '55 C300. I always liked the look of the wires with the wide WSW.

View attachment 624788

View attachment 624792

Back