Wollfen's 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

Lastly a little bit of a surprise. I mentioned earlier I would have something to ad regarding the radiator support. Well, here it is, primed then painted in the final color of the car. Looks pretty good. I put up two pics of it painted, the first one is of it without the flash of the camera and probably a better representation of the final color and then the second pic is of it with the flash of the camera. Just for comparison.

radiator support1.jpg
radiator support2.jpg
radiator support3.jpg

Okay, so I disassembled the column and put it back together again correctly. Here it is, now put into storage too, covered up for when the car is ready for it. Then I puled out the 5 AC boxes I had and picked out a suitable unit which I tested with air pressure as well as hot water. This one passes the test and i will be using it. I will check each of the vacuum canisters too and repair whatever is necessary.

View attachment 216458 View attachment 216459 View attachment 216460
I’m in the middle of the ac box rebuild as well. Not sure if you are going to crack open that box since it looks clean, but I just picked up the DMT rebuild kit and it looks pretty complete.

I’m in the middle of the ac box rebuild as well. Not sure if you are going to crack open that box since it looks clean, but I just picked up the DMT rebuild kit and it looks pretty complete.
Normally I would pull it apart but as you say, it looks clean, and it does. I am going to clean it up a little and make sure everything works then simply put it aside for when I'm ready to fit it.
I am curious to see pics of the DMT kit though, are there pics on a website of the kit in question?

Lastly a little bit of a surprise. I mentioned earlier I would have something to ad regarding the radiator support. Well, here it is, primed then painted in the final color of the car. Looks pretty good. I put up two pics of it painted, the first one is of it without the flash of the camera and probably a better representation of the final color and then the second pic is of it with the flash of the camera. Just for comparison.

View attachment 216461 View attachment 216462 View attachment 216463
What??? It's not green, we all know how you love green:poke:

Dmt kit is actully pretty good...just did mine...fast shippin....Lazer cut in foam with labeling.....have pics at home but not on phone ...appoligies...good kit though
20180920_132148.jpg

Imo most foam in the unit will be toast...good opp to change and blow crap out ect...is cpl oem holes in system that can be sealed up for better flow as well.....

View attachment 216461 View attachment 216462 View attachment 216463

Scorch Red, baby! Something is definitely happening.

Got some disk brake work done, last of the new parts arrived today so this will be finished very soon. Suspension parts are all painted.

Disk brakes.jpg
Disk brakes1.jpg
front suspension.jpg

I saw this car Sunday while down at Gary’s shop. Third time I’ve seen it. This car was rough & Gary has done remarkable work. Not too many people have the skills let alone the desire to do this level of quality work to a C body car.

I saw this car Sunday while down at Gary’s shop. Third time I’ve seen it. This car was rough & Gary has done remarkable work. Not too many people have the skills let alone the desire to do this level of quality work to a C body car.
I can attest to Gary's excellent work too, on my cars and others.

Rotors are cleaned up and ready to fit, will put new seals in the rear and repack the bearings with grease before assembling. They are very nice original units.

rotors.jpg

Ah, 2 good looking cars sitting side by side, can't wait to see them in the flesh. Gary, looking forward to hitting your part of the world next month mate (been a long time coming, first visit back to the good ol' US since 2009). Have missed my dose of the US :)

Body primer.jpg

Aidan helped me play musical chairs, I mean cars and the S23 is now in the main workshop. Winter will be slow so I will tinker on smaller stuff on it for now.

Workshop.jpg
Workshop1.jpg

Back