Wollfen's 1970 Plymouth Sport Fury S23

I worked out I can use the good channel out of the 4dr hardtop for patch repair on the rear window of the Sport Fury, check the fit of the Fury coupe trim along the bottom edge. And yes the channel on the car is rust free.

rear window.jpg

Finally another update, this cold weather knocks me around. Here are some pics of the work I have done since I last posted. You will see some interesting pics of the cowl looking down inside after removing the top section that was originally welded in. Note you can see the two drain holes where the water runs out behind the lower front guards. Also lots of window channel has been cut out and you can see how ugly it has been getting. I already have the new channel to put back in once I clean the rust off and use some Eastwood rust encapsulator to paint inside all of the cowl area.

Cowl6.jpg
cowl7.jpg
windshield area1.jpg
windshield area2.jpg
windshield area4.jpg
windshield area5.jpg
windshield area6.jpg
windshield area7.jpg

I also got my headliner in the mail from Newstalgia Parts, looks good and correct, check it out. I recommend them. I was happy with the price too. They are based in Virginia and make the stuff in house.

Headliner.jpg
Headliner1.jpg

I also got my headliner in the mail from Newstalgia Parts, looks good and correct, check it out. I recommend them. I was happy with the price too. They are based in Virginia and make the stuff in house.

View attachment 154070 View attachment 154071
Well, maybe they used multiple headliners in 1970, but that pattern is nothing like the original that was in my car.

Yes they did, my other car has plain cloth headliner.
That's good info to know. We should start posting this different stuff. It certainly can save people headaches and/or money. Mine is more of a cross-over thatching pattern.

3CEE5432-E0CF-4D24-AB69-4C40F01B50CC.jpeg

Newstalgia uses Acme Headliner, just like everybody else. Nothing wrong with that at all...

I ordered some samples from Newstalgia and the samples came direct from Acme.

Newstalgia uses Acme Headliner, just like everybody else. Nothing wrong with that at all...

I ordered some samples from Newstalgia and the samples came direct from Acme.
I got mine from SMS. Not sure if it’s all the same material or not.

I got mine from SMS. Not sure if it’s all the same material or not.
I have one coming from SMS for my Barracuda. They had the correct material. I'll bet it gets made at Acme. LOL.

I bought one for my Windsor from Automotive Interiors. Came directly from Acme.

I have one coming from SMS for my Barracuda. They had the correct material. I'll bet it gets made at Acme. LOL.

Haha. Probably so. When I sent away for material samples from SMS, they sent me the right pattern headliner, but their book said the headliner should be a blue color, not black. Strange considering mine had its original in the car--black.

So a big update here, I had issues with my laptop during the week and after much hair pulling and cuss words I went out and bought a new one. Now I can start reporting on things again. The cowl area was sealed with Rust encapsulator and the weld seams coated in weld through primer. Then the replacement pieces were all welded in. Finally the front cowl and windshield area is now basically rust free. I will be grinding back the welds and coating in more rust encapsulator tomorrow probably. Then I will be moving onto the rear windshield area.

cowl work.jpg
cowl work1.jpg
cowl work2.jpg
cowl work3.jpg
cowl work4.jpg
cowl work5.jpg
cowl work6.jpg

Back