Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

Oops, I forgot this pic, it shows the wiper motor tarted up and power booster put in, plus a new master cylinder and all new brake lines. Im thinking I should have painted the inner fenders, well maybe later.
enginebay1.jpg

Oops, I forgot this pic, it shows the wiper motor tarted up and power booster put in, plus a new master cylinder and all new brake lines. Im thinking I should have painted the inner fenders, well maybe later.
View attachment 79445

Now's the time before that engine is in...besides, you went to all the trouble of shooting new paint on the firewall.

Considering everything you've already done, firewall for one, it's a breeze to do those inner fenders

Given the rate you've been working at... I suppose we could consider this the mock up, to be followed by disassembly and all the final touches on final assembly later...:poke:
Cough cough, I already pulled the motor after mounting it when I forgot I had not fitted the flex plate for the transmission :BangHead: So umm, pulling it again, don't think so.

The fender / wheel wells are easily unbolted and are dropped down over the wheel. You can even do it with a tire still bolted on but obviously it is much easier with the wheel removed. You cant take it that far and not do the wells

Bit of an update, engine is now bolted in, the new starter motor fitted, drive shaft fitted. Linkage to the gearbox fitted. New neutral switch fitted. Radiator fitted. Transmission lines routed. Brake lines all done. AC unit mounted. Carb is now being overhauled.
carb overhaul.jpg
engine assy2.jpg

I wish working on Mary was as easy as you make working on this beast look. I love watching this thread. Thanks a bunch for posting these updates.

I wish working on Mary was as easy as you make working on this beast look. I love watching this thread. Thanks a bunch for posting these updates.
Just takes grim determination and a focus to keep at it, I have the Carlisle event as a carrot. It's working well.

Have a look at this wiring loom for the engine, what a mess and no I didnt peel off the black tape, it had plastic tubing on it and when I took that off found cut wires and replacements. Ugh, part of me says tape it up for now and get another loom. I don't know, what do you guys think? Oh and look at that goldy heater valve, came up pretty nice eh? I tried a silver base with a dusting of gold paint to give it a cad plated look. The second pic shows what it looked like before
engine assy3.jpg
heater valve.jpg
I started.

Decisions decisions, do I go with a somewhat dirty washer bottle for the engine bay or plunk the nice white one in?
washer bottles.jpg

Yeah I'm leaning toward the white one as well. I guess I could sell the middle one and use the funds for more work on the car.

Back