Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

Was that a white vinyl top? I can't remember if I even saw it in the pic's.
Yup originally a white vinyl top. I'm going to paint the roof white in the short term then later put a new top on. The paint will act as a good water barrier later.

The window motor in the drivers rear makes a nose so I know it isn't dead, another score, just have to pull it out and go over it I'm sure. The winder mechanism is good.

If you look through the archives Mr C. did a great how-to on rebuilding power window motors to replace the plastic gears with modified nuts for a permanent fix

Lol, the snake is back in the woods. I seem to get snake visitors every year when the weather gets warm. Luckily none take residence in my cars!

The snakes would probably keep the mice out of the cars, or you could get a cat. . .

So I spoke too soon, the rust is a bit worse than at first appearance, I have marked it out and have cut it too, work is in progress. Also I ordered and received the trim clips for the rear windshield. Cheap and plentiful.

clips.jpg
rust.jpg
rust1.jpg

I also popped the front windscreen today too, I figured I had better check the channel and do it properly, and yes, more work to do, spots to be done.

windscreen.jpg

don't feel bad were both in the same boat lol...hell l may not see or drive mine till august :(
That has to suck big time Dereck, we all wanted to see you in it very soon! I also saw your other post regarding the swap over at the border, what were the issues?

I also popped the front windscreen today too, I figured I had better check the channel and do it properly, and yes, more work to do, spots to be done.

View attachment 81338
Ultimately, you know this is likely the best time to do those repairs. I am very glad to see you are getting her squared away. Are you planning to replace the vinyl during this work? I know where you could get a blue top that almost fits... cheap.:poke:

Great thread, I can't wait to see it all cleaned up, the dark green with white is very striking. Nice to see some members making some progress.

Ultimately, you know this is likely the best time to do those repairs. I am very glad to see you are getting her squared away. Are you planning to replace the vinyl during this work? I know where you could get a blue top that almost fits... cheap.:poke:
Hmm, medium to light blue vinyl top on a dark green car, I wonder if that has been done before?

Back