Wollfen's 1971 Sport Fury GT !

Thanks for the kudo's I certainly pushed hard to make all this happen, looking back at my original postings it looks like I started this project in February and that would make it about 4 and a half months of work. Damn I need a holiday!

I guess that explains why you haven't washed it yet... :p

That looks great, well done.

Is the cat stuck to the ground in that spot? Looks like it didn't move when you walked from one side to another while shooting pics. Maybe it was admiring the work done underneath!

I guess that explains why you haven't washed it yet... :p

That looks great, well done.

Is the cat stuck to the ground in that spot? Looks like it didn't move when you walked from one side to another while shooting pics. Maybe it was admiring the work done underneath!
That cat would sniff the bumper a bit, look around, sniff again, took his time, Ignored me of course, that's what cats do.

Well after getting insurance on the car and checking with the DMV i drove it to get an inspection don't at a local garage. I arrive there and they start looking over the car, guy comes out and says, oh that thing is over 35yrs old, you don't need a Safety Inspection done at all. Just go to the DMV and tag it. So happy with that news I drive to the DMV I was at last month only to find that it had shut down, again. Had to drive across town to the new address by the hospital. Now this in itself didn't present any issues, a light rain had started falling and the car performed fine. I pull up at the last major intersection in the right lane to go straight ahead and the engine dies on me. I forgot I had only put 4 gallons in the damned thing a few days before. I'm too busy watching traffic and listening for issues etc to look at the gas gauge. So there I am in the middle of what feels like peak hour traffic and I called the wife to bring a gas can of gas. The cops show up and are very gracious, it's been 15mins since I called her and I tell them she will be another 10 to 15 away so we wait. He is by himself and we aren't pushing the thing. 20mins later no sign of the wife. So gave her a call and she hasn't left yet but is now. Ugh. So a second cop car comes and shuts the intersection down while this one cop pushes and I steer across the road and into the drive way of the shopping center. Some of it an uphill grade, slight but Im sure the poor guy was panting. It was still raining too. After they left I let my wife know where I was and only then is she leaving to come to me. I waited another 40mins after that. Damn, what an embarrassment. The cops were good though and I am certainly glad of that. Tipping my hat to the Greenville Police.

Well after getting insurance on the car and checking with the DMV i drove it to get an inspection don't at a local garage. I arrive there and they start looking over the car, guy comes out and says, oh that thing is over 35yrs old, you don't need a Safety Inspection done at all. Just go to the DMV and tag it. So happy with that news I drive to the DMV I was at last month only to find that it had shut down, again. Had to drive across town to the new address by the hospital. Now this in itself didn't present any issues, a light rain had started falling and the car performed fine. I pull up at the last major intersection in the right lane to go straight ahead and the engine dies on me. I forgot I had only put 4 gallons in the damned thing a few days before. I'm too busy watching traffic and listening for issues etc to look at the gas gauge. So there I am in the middle of what feels like peak hour traffic and I called the wife to bring a gas can of gas. The cops show up and are very gracious, it's been 15mins since I called her and I tell them she will be another 10 to 15 away so we wait. He is by himself and we aren't pushing the thing. 20mins later no sign of the wife. So gave her a call and she hasn't left yet but is now. Ugh. So a second cop car comes and shuts the intersection down while this one cop pushes and I steer across the road and into the drive way of the shopping center. Some of it an uphill grade, slight but Im sure the poor guy was panting. It was still raining too. After they left I let my wife know where I was and only then is she leaving to come to me. I waited another 40mins after that. Damn, what an embarrassment. The cops were good though and I am certainly glad of that. Tipping my hat to the Greenville Police.

guessing this is whats its like to own a C body....sometime...somewhere.....stuff happens...am shure my time will come

I forgot to mention Dale showed up offering a hand, I was surprised to see him there. Glad I had backup if i needed it. Thanks Dale.

Sure, Gary, not a problem. Glad it worked out. That hot lookin' GT caught my attention quickly as I drove by, hands down in looks in style to your everyday "modern" cars ! She was looking good !! As Neil Young sang,long may she run. And yes, I have found the Greenville police to be pretty nice overall. (well haven't been locked up "yet")
I forgot to mention Dale showed up offering a hand, I was surprised to see him there. Glad I had backup if i needed it. Thanks Dale.

Doncha just hate that sinking feeling you get when the car just dies. . .?

My local police guys and congressman helped push my 78 NYB out of busy intersection in my home town. Good guys!

look up...way up to the golden bar with photo garage on it.....feel like the friendly giant here....

Back