Working on my 71 300

Ya I know that how it came from Dantes ( Legendary)

A seam that low would bug me a lot. Could you cut the A pillar vinyl further up and fold under a short piece of the roof vinyl the correct length, press it with a hot iron (not too hot!) at the bended corner so it lays flat and has a crisp fold line, cement it together so it looks like a factory seam again and then add a proper length of vinyl going down the rest of the A pillar, so it looks original again? I did something very similar to that on one of my other C bodies with vinyl roof, and you can't tell it from a factory seam. Just a thought. Maybe it doesn't bother you enough though, as it would require pulling some of the windshield and roof rail moldings again too.

I guess the seals you are referring to for the sunroof are also available through suppliers in Germany for perhaps similar Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar or other makes with SMS sunroofs? Someday, I will have to find out exactly how you source sun roof parts.

You car is just super looking!

Last edited:
A seam that low would bug me a lot. Could you cut the A pillar vinyl further up and fold under a short piece of the roof vinyl the correct length, press it with a hot iron (not too hot!) at the bended corner so it lays flat and has a crisp fold line, cement it together so it looks like a factory seam again and then add a proper length of vinyl going down the rest of the A pillar, so it looks original again? I did something very similar to that on one of my other C bodies with vinyl roof, and you can't tell it from a factory seam. Just a thought. Maybe it doesn't bother you enough though, as it would require pulling some of the windshield and roof rail moldings again too.

I guess the seals you are referring to for the sunroof are also available through suppliers in Germany for perhaps similar Mercedes, BMW and Jaguar or other makes with SMS sunroofs? Someday, I will have to find out exactly how you source sun roof parts.

You car is just super looking!
Thanks Steve , the 300 is getting there slowly im planing to take the car next year for an little road trip down to California

Thanks Steve , the 300 is getting there slowly im planing to take the car next year for an little road trip down to California

Super! You will of course have to drop by my asylum. Looking forward to it!

The Interior is almost done.
1B78D5D5-0AE4-45D1-BDEC-AC68000B12D3.jpeg
DD111E46-14A2-4015-B5BF-FED806435522.jpeg
366FA187-294F-4469-8565-7E0332036EB1.jpeg
C14C69B3-4D93-4AFB-97E1-E779287992B8.jpeg
29F6D2CE-FF6C-4B9E-8C29-2BA5141C53FB.jpeg

Beautiful! Those were some of Chrysler's best, most comfortable bucket seats. They are a major factor as to why I prefer the 71 300s over the 69 or 70 300s. I personally liked the upgraded instrument panel in the 1971s too, where there was adequate instrument panel lighting compared to the 69s or 70s. Plus I liked the simpler grille slightly because it mimicked the fuselage contours and loop bumpers theme overall.

Heck, I even bought two more of these muthers this last week since the rest of you were asleep at the wheel. Its getting ridiculous. :BangHead:

One of them is even B7 blue with no vinyl top, which some of you prefer, but I prefer them with vinyl top.

Beautiful! Those were some of Chrysler's best, most comfortable bucket seats. They are a major factor as to why I prefer the 71 300s over the 69 or 70 300s. I personally liked the upgraded instrument panel in the 1971s too, where there was adequate instrument panel lighting compared to the 69s or 70s. Plus I liked the simpler grille slightly because it mimicked the fuselage contours and loop bumpers theme overall.

Heck, I even bought two more of these muthers this last week since the rest of you were asleep at the wheel. Its getting ridiculous. :BangHead:

One of them is even B7 blue with no vinyl top, which some of you prefer, but I prefer them with vinyl top.
I agree Steve the 71 seats are way more comfortable than the 69-70 seats and in my opinion the 70 front is the best looking 300 front out of all 3 Fuselage years.

I agree Steve the 71 seats are way more comfortable than the 69-70 seats and in my opinion the 70 front is the best looking 300 front out of all 3 Fuselage years.

I used to feel the same Tobias regarding the 70 front ends, then for some unknown reason, the 71 front ends grew on me and now slightly surpass the ones on the 70? But I definitely prefer the cleaner tail lights on the 70 compared to the fancy overlays on the tail light lens of the 71s.

Ive always been a big proponent of the 71 everything over the 70 , especially the seats...not just Chrysler but Dodge and Plymouth too. I've gotta say, my 70 buckets are much more comfortable than I thought they would be. Not like a 71 but close.

the washer bottle looks great but could you please forward the ugly air cleaner to some A-Body-street machine driver?

Carsten

the washer bottle looks great but could you please forward the ugly air cleaner to some A-Body-street machine driver?

Carsten
LOL leave my air cleaner alone Carsten you hurt his feelings LOL maybe i will put him later on my 68 Dart GT

78EE311F-9968-4336-A011-123848EA959E.jpeg
E1A847B5-04DC-43ED-915D-91DD68977568.jpeg
7AAC86A4-4773-4C9D-B7FB-21FA16B66DB4.jpeg
3B645813-95F9-4AF7-8930-580DE5F6BD53.jpeg
159D50AC-4931-46A3-A64D-B4F6D3D49DB6.jpeg
Little upgrade to my 300 in my eyes too make it more driveable in city stop and go traffic and for long road trips, is pain with Carburetors to drive thru the mountains.
And the Fitech systems are not expensive I paid only $2400cad with the fuel command centre and the 600hp Power adder unit.

Back