Would these wheels fit?

darth_linux

Reaction score
On my 66 Newport (provided I can even get them)?

IMG_3213.png

You would need to know the offset of that rim. I don't see that spec in what you posted. The offset is most important for the front wheels. That rim would almost certainly work for the back wheels.

"Cop Car" wheels. Should work well, just keep the tire width close to the P225/75-15 range. Probably have a 4.0" or 4.25" backspacing, I suspect. Looks like a nice price.

CBODY67

"Cop Car" wheels. Should work well, just keep the tire width close to the P225/75-15 range. Probably have a 4.0" or 4.25" backspacing, I suspect. Looks like a nice price.

CBODY67
Yeah, that’s an old price. Plus they aren’t available anywhere. Still searching for cop wheels.

You might also consider the '76 Charger SE 15x6.5 Rallye Wheels. Look just like the E-body 15x7s, but are 15x6.5s. Would need the same E-body center caps, though, with trim rings being optional.

CBODY67

Those wheels and cop wheels should be essentially identical other than appearance and either will fit your car without issue. The 15x8 pickup/Ramcharger wheels on the other hand don’t have quite enough backspace and the tire, depending on size, can rub on the skirts.
Travis

You might also consider the '76 Charger SE 15x6.5 Rallye Wheels. Look just like the E-body 15x7s, but are 15x6.5s. Would need the same E-body center caps, though, with trim rings being optional.

CBODY67
Eeeewwwwwww…….it may be personal taste, but my dad had those on my 66 300 and I thought they looked very out of place. Wheels were the first thing I changed when I got it home.
Travis..

CBODY67
I’m looking to keep my “rare” 66 poverty caps, the Rallyes are out. Thanks though!

Yeah, I’d keep the poverty caps too, they’re nice looking. I’d like to find a set for mine as I have a set of those diplomat 15x7s that I could paint match. I think it would look sharp in an understated way.
Travis..

You really don' t need 15 x 7. I would think there'd be more available in 15 x 6.5 and you'd have plently of tire choices.

I thought the southern US junkyards were still full of old steel rims. ?

These are the wheels on my '67. We painted them body color as you can see. Looks like they are out of stock at the moment though.

These are the wheels on my '67. We painted them body color as you can see. Looks like they are out of stock at the moment though.

[/URL]
The 15x8s as pictured were on Ramchargers, as I recall. A car club friend got some of the factory 15x8s for the back of his '69 Super Bee, painted body color like the fronts on his car. Not a correct color, but looked good on his car.

As for the Rallyes, I was not impressed with them back then, only in the 15x7 size on E-bodies back then. UNTIL I found a set in the salvage yard. THEN I re-discovered they were 15x6.5s. As they were not specifically tied to a "muscle car", they cost the same as any other steel wheel. To me, the E-body centers look much better than what those wheels came with back then, which was similar to the 14x5.5" Rallyes which came on '73 'Cuda 340s from the factory.

I mentioned them as they should probably accept wheel covers, too.

CBODY67

The 15x8s as pictured were on Ramchargers, as I recall. A car club friend got some of the factory 15x8s for the back of his '69 Super Bee, painted body color like the fronts on his car. Not a correct color, but looked good on his car.

As for the Rallyes, I was not impressed with them back then, only in the 15x7 size on E-bodies back then. UNTIL I found a set in the salvage yard. THEN I re-discovered they were 15x6.5s. As they were not specifically tied to a "muscle car", they cost the same as any other steel wheel. To me, the E-body centers look much better than what those wheels came with back then, which was similar to the 14x5.5" Rallyes which came on '73 'Cuda 340s from the factory.

I mentioned them as they should probably accept wheel covers, too.

CBODY67
I didn't see the 3 nubs on the rallye's that you need for the 9" poverty caps, but perhaps I was looking at the wrong wheel!

I went with the wheel vintiques, after looking for far too long and only coming up with warped or rusted or both wheels. I order a set from WV.
Great fit finish and straight, no regrets and would do it again. I hate rust and wobbly wheels.
15x7 front 255/60x15, 15x8 rear 275/60x15
1708271403130.jpeg
1708271500603.jpeg
1708271570785.jpeg
1708271777007.jpeg

That wheel above on eBay looks very wrong. The step between the bead area and the wheel center is too large. It looks like a 14” center that was re-hooped with a 15x7 rim. Strange looking, I’ve never seen a factory US market wheel like that. It could be from another part of the world maybe, but not here.
Travis..

Last edited:
I didn't see the 3 nubs on the rallye's that you need for the 9" poverty caps, but perhaps I was looking at the wrong wheel!
Yeah, I think the e-body caps he’s talking about are the 70-71 rallye wheel sombrero center caps instead of the later caps with the center notched around the lug nut which were also used on e-bodies from 72-74. Rally wheels will not accept a poverty cap.
Travis..

Back