WANTED WTB:1968 Fury Drivers Sideview Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

furyfever

Reaction score
Contact seller
My chrome mirror surround is mint except up/down adjustment flips around due to control wire broken at mirror end. I do believe mirror could be changed out but I’ve never done it. If so, perhaps some guidance would help me along with a good replacement mirror/remote adjustment mechanism. If mirror is nice and control wires are attached to mirror properly, I’d buy a pitted/bad chrome surround/change it out. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. So hard seeing this stuff in photos on eBay…plus I’m not sure how to change it out. It had to be assembled…and looks like it can be done at lever end…have to slip 3 crimped lead balls out of cradle. Thanks, Bob

My chrome mirror surround is mint except up/down adjustment flips around due to control wire broken at mirror end. I do believe mirror could be changed out but I’ve never done it. If so, perhaps some guidance would help me along with a good replacement mirror/remote adjustment mechanism. If mirror is nice and control wires are attached to mirror properly, I’d buy a pitted/bad chrome surround/change it out. Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. So hard seeing this stuff in photos on eBay…plus I’m not sure how to change it out. It had to be assembled…and looks like it can be done at lever end…have to slip 3 crimped lead balls out of cradle. Thanks, Bob

Bob,

usually the wires that attach to the back of the mirror break loose from the mirror. I don’t know how to fix that.

Reproduction mirrors are available on eBay and elsewhere. They are the same as used on certain years b body and a body cars. I have an NOS mirror that is in the box that I would want $300 plus shipping for. I may have an out-of-the-box NOS mirror that would be less, but I would have to make sure that I still have it.

Yes, I agree. I don’t know of a way to reattach wires to back of mirror. On mine it’s the up/down cable that has come off mirror. It’s a shame because my mirror housing is mint. Got to figure out how to get it apart at other end/slip it through/remove from housing/get another good mirror and install it in my housing. Nothing available on eBay or apparently here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back