For Sale WTB: 1969-1971 Dodge Polara/Monaco 2 Door Hardtop

C Body Mopars For Sale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.
  1. 1968Fever

1968Fever New Member

0   0   0

Contact Seller
    I am looking to buy a 1969-1971 Dodge Polara or Monaco 2 door hardtop. I’m hoping for a “drive while you work-on” kind of car but they don’t really seem to come up at all. I didn’t realize how rare they actually are these days!

I am located in Massachusetts. Thanks for any consideration if you have one to sell!

2. Newport 66

Newport 66 Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Didn't @71Polara383 have one for sale a while ago?
    Good luck with your search.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 71Polara383

71Polara383 Kid with ballcap FCBO Gold Member

0   0   0

I have one you cant drive at all

4. 1968Fever

1968Fever New Member

0   0   0

Is that the burnt orange one that had a 440 and buckets/console, and then got parted? When I look up these cars in search engines I come across that one a lot when it was in its complete form.

It’s too bad I wasn’t looking back then since I would have snapped it up at that price. I wonder what it would have been worth now.

5. 71Polara383

71Polara383 Kid with ballcap FCBO Gold Member

0   0   0

That's the one.

6. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

0   0   0

Why? Unlikely it would have been worth much more than the then asking .

7. ayilar

ayilar Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

0   0   0

They do come up for sale. In the past year alone, for example, several of each model-year cars in which you're interested went for sale not too far from you.

Just thinking about 1971s, there was a burgundy Monaco 440-4 in upstate NY initially listed for $15k (which I snagged last February after the price was reduced to $8.5k, and which I have since gone through mechanically with @71Polara383's help), a 1971 Polara 440-4 in NJ (the second of two '71 Dodges with white buckets known to survive, and a superb example to boot -- "Blue" was sold privately by a member a few months ago). A running project also sold, @71Polara383's Monacucamonga. If you wanted a slightly rougher project, I can think of three right off the top of my head: a burgundy Monaco 383-4 that @amazinblue82 bought in Michigan a couple of months ago; a gold Polara (originally 383-2, now with a 440) in need of TLC in NY, advertised last August for $3k; and a Canadian white K-code Monaco that was advertised last August for sale in Ontario -- I don't think that Canadian car popped up on FCBO, though, and I became aware too late that the car was for sale. Here are three (lousy) pictures for records.

Again, that's just off the top of my head.

$_59.jpg

$_592.jpg

$_593.jpg

Right now, I know of a '69 Polara, a '70 Monaco, and a '71 Monaco that may be available to the right buyer. None of them is perfect, but all of them are good running cars that I would not hesitate to buy. What specifics are you looking for, and what is your budget?

For 1970, what do you think of a white '70 Polara 318 in PA that listed for $7k last August? That car may or may not still be available -- the ad disappeared, but no one has since shown up on FCBO to claim the car.

EDIT: I just communicated with the Pomonos seller, the car sold to the first person who saw it. Here she is on its way out.

IMG_0445.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  8. 1968Fever

1968Fever New Member

0   0   0

Thanks for all that info! It’s nice to see some were for sale. Too bad they never seem to hit the national ads (Ebay, Hemmings, etc), which explains why I never find them.

I don’t really have a lot of specifics really. I just like the 2 door hardtops the best. I even tend to like the greens/golds/browns better then the brighter colors, which should work in my favor. My budget is healthy, as I had been looking for 1968 Chargers ($$$$) but failed miserably with that for a long time now.

9. 3C's & a D?

3C's & a D? Senior Member

0   0   0

If you can't find a '68 Charger to your liking, chances of finding a '69-'71 Monaco/Polara to your liking are even slimmer. Keep looking though, you've found the right place now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. BIGWILLI

BIGWILLI New Member

0   0   0

I had searching a 69 Polara 500 (bucket seat, console, Big Block). And i haven’t find one. Very hard

11. ayilar

ayilar Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

0   0   0

Indeed the '69 to which I was referring has a front bench seat.

That E86 440HP Polara 500 went for sale two years ago, and was not quite a driver (I understand it had quite a bit of rust), but someone like @71Polara383 could have made it into a driver for you. I don't know what happened to this car, though. The seller, @mopargem, was last active a couple of months back: you may want to PM him.

On the other hand of the price range and condition scale, is this superb 'vert. DM27G9D211272 recently sold to @polara10x500

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies due to lack of activity. Consider opening a new thread instead.