WANTED WTB 440 RB accel dual point Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLDMYN

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi, I'd like to purchase a nice cap and rotor for accel dual point distributor. I'd like NIB but will look at others. I don't need for Mopar Distributor, must be accel 30301 unit. I appreciate the ad, please PM if interested

Buy one for a 57 Chevy that's what is based on. Summit had them, but no rotors. That was a while back.

Hi, I'd like to purchase a nice cap and rotor for accel dual point distributor. I'd like NIB but will look at others. I don't need for Mopar Distributor, must be accel 30301 unit. I appreciate the ad, please PM if interested
If you have a #37300 accel dual point distributor, it uses a stock mopar cap and rotor, same as the ones on a Prestolite dual point used on many RB mopars.

Dave

this is what i have, what cap and rotor?
1642296231504.png

I have one similar to this. Mine had a square shouldered O ring between the cap and the distributor body-My brother lost it, now the cap does not fit tight on the distributor. I seen where somewhere it was mentioned that the later units were made without that thin O ring. I had also seen where 57 Chevy stuff fits.

Perhaps a vendor for o-rings might have a replacement o-ring, or one that is close, in their catalog of available products? Or possibly a carefully-applied thin bead of black silicone instead?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

The 30300 is for RB and Hemi.
The 30301 is for SB.
The 30302 is for B, low deck BB.

They all use a clamp down cap that is a original cap for a ~1957 Chevrolet all V8s if memory serves.

Summit has these, but list no results for 120123 Accel cap.
Apparently these fit every GM V8 of the mid fifties.
Screenshot_20220116-185830.png

Thank-you, halifhops has measured the shaft and it is RB 4" long, apparently someone has changed the shaft

The one I have is really new/nice. I'm going to put it on my Barracuda. Blow some people's minds to get beat by a iron headed stock stroke 440 with a dual point.
Electronic my ***!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back