WANTED WTB this 66 300 , is it worth the price ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, that one little spot you showed on the blue car in front of the rear wheel...... If it turns out like I'm thinking it will, there will be at least three separate layers of sheet metal to replace behind the spot you see. If you're lucky it just might not include the rocker panel which is another several layers. All of these layers are independent and placement of them is critical for strength and window bracket mounting points and the like. Best case and it's only the first 3 layers - you have to open the entire outer shell to access the inner parts as well as coming from the inside out. Go look at some of the thread about "his name is Dennis" or something like that to get an idea what a can of worms you can get into.. Being you're in California you may have a lot better luck than what many of us are used to, but there's no guarantees of that either. Good luck whichever way you jump.

okay that makes more sense, I'm not 100% clear on how panels are replaced I've only see the welders at the shipyard I worked at replace random things like brace plates. I assumed it would be easy.

yeah whatever, its pointless to talk about it before even taking a look.

why don't you give some examples and real information, all you do is fkn blow it out of your a55 every comment.
Another Snowflake got her feelings hurt.
picard-happy-this-star-trek-costume-might-just-make-your-day-jpeg-168407.jpg

Okay, that one little spot you showed on the blue car in front of the rear wheel...... If it turns out like I'm thinking it will, there will be at least three separate layers of sheet metal to replace behind the spot you see. If you're lucky it just might not include the rocker panel which is another several layers. All of these layers are independent and placement of them is critical for strength and window bracket mounting points and the like. Best case and it's only the first 3 layers - you have to open the entire outer shell to access the inner parts as well as coming from the inside out. Go look at some of the thread about "his name is Dennis" or something like that to get an idea what a can of worms you can get into.. Being you're in California you may have a lot better luck than what many of us are used to, but there's no guarantees of that either. Good luck whichever way you jump.
^This^

Here's a pic of what that looks like inside (this is PS quarter on 68 Fury, in front of the rear wheel)

Yes, there are multiple layers in there, but I don't see anything in that CL listing to think it'll be much more than the outer layer. I would have no fears about the rust on that one, but the seller's descriptions of the mechanicals is a whole 'nother matter.

And the bump in the rear is minor, but it does need addressed by a pro with equipment.

upload_2018-8-5_22-40-30.png

$20k for the most part should buy you a solid, ready to enjoy, needs little to nothing finished car.

A C-body at a classic car dealer in legitimate restored condition is going to have an ask at least twice that amount.

Kevin

haha wow! I'm just sayin , your suppose to be helping me out not sh1ting on me for not knowing how to repair rust.
Believe it or not Stan and others "ARE" helping you out by explaining how "just a little hole" is "MORE" than it appears and it'll take lots more time/skill/money than most folks have to sort it out. Its different for the folks who can pay a professional restoration shop to do the work, but even they'd want a good base to work from.

Over the nearly three years I've been a member I've seen how members who at first glance, appear to be assholes turn out to be great folks who provide help and advice to those who need it, you just have to accept that it's not possible to judge someone's character by the written word. Look at me, posted that I thought obtaining a test device for the ATC II climate control system would be almost impossible and within 24 hours it was on it's way to my friend in Wisconsin.

The more experienced guys get exasperated by reading the same things over and over, and often, their attempts to prevent a member from making an expensive mistake are rebuffed.

I'm sure that by narrowing down your desired vehicle and budget you'll soon have the car of your dreams, let them help you, they want you to enjoy your car, not regret an expensive mistake.

haha wow! I'm just sayin , your suppose to be helping me out not sh1ting on me for not knowing how to repair rust.

I guess sometimes we can be a little blunt here concerning a huge mistake we see another member is about to make. We know the truth hurts, but please suck it up and don't be offended.

Also, another thing I notice in your postings: It appears that what you really want here is not sound advice but approval regarding decisions and opinions you already have. If that is the case, stop talking to us, and go ahead and buy that car.

Or. . . Be patient with your acquisition process. There is always another car out there that is better than the car you are looking at - especially in Cali and the southwest - with no rust issues.

Last edited:

And this coming from a College kid/punk with no money has to get bent outta shape for a truthful comment about the cost of a repair, but is looking to spend about 20K on a car.
Am I missing something?
Hey PAL, let me tell you something! It's what you can't see that get expensive! I say we just let the punk suffer on his own and not comment anymore with that kinda attitude!

And this coming from a College kid/punk with no money has to get bent outta shape for a truthful comment about the cost of a repair, but is looking to spend about 20K on a car.
Am I missing something?
Hey PAL, let me tell you something! It's what you can't see that get expensive! I say we just let the punk suffer on his own and not comment anymore with that kinda attitude!

This kid never would never have survived my life.

big keyboard heroes , I'm assuming?

really confused about where either of you got offended in this thread?
maybe you'd like to quote what I said wrong , but I've been nothing but normal the entire time, but somehow you're both somewhat pissed off at me...

whatever thats fine. I like it when you act tough.

Last edited:
I'm just supporting what Commando1 said, he was being honest you know? You didn't like it and got bent outta shape and attacked him. If you have lived your entire life in that God ******* forsaken POS state of CA; then you have no idea what rust does to vehicles or where it likes to hide! I'm done wastin my time on this topic, Good F-ing Luck in your search!

That one has a rustspot above the PS rear wheel, needs paint (peeling hood and trunklid), and who know why that rear window trim is popped up. Underhood is a mess too. Yes, the interior is nice.

At initial glance it looks like a great deal compared to the 20k black and gold one, but on careful thought, it's not a great deal either IMO.

big keyboard heroes , I'm assuming?

really confused about where either of you got offended in this thread?
maybe you'd like to quote what I said wrong , but I've been nothing but normal the entire time, but somehow you're both somewhat pissed off at me...

whatever thats fine. I like it when you act tough.
Let's put this in different terms.

If you are of typical college-age, then several of these 'heroes' have owned these cars since before you were born, they've forgotten more about them than you currently know, and yet they also admit that they learn new things on here by paying attention to other people who know different things.

So as the saying goes, there's a reason we have 2 ears and only 1 mouth - stay quiet and listen if you want to learn soemthing.

This place, like any forum that contains newbs and experts, is what you make of it. If you find one that will wash your feet and tie your sandal straps simply because you joined, let me know so I can join there too.

And here's the quote you requested:
upload_2018-8-6_22-7-26.png

Further to all the above, I'm sure that if we lived in the same area, someone would rebuild my engine, someone the electrics, someone body and paint, and someone upholstery, and all would help stripping my car.

It's the way it works, I have no skills to offer except help stripping down a car, but I ensure I welcome new forum members to make them welcome.

Hope everything works out well for you.

That gold/black car that was originally posted looks like a giant POS. Did anybody notice the Wisconsin plates ? RUST BUCKET !, Bumper chrome is bad, I'm sure the black side paint was done to cover up some evil, 2 dollar chrome JC Whitney mirrors, and the list goes on and on...and only $19K LOL

I would run like hell to get away from that car...doctored and dolled up pile-o-garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back