WANTED WTB this 66 300 , is it worth the price ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going for this car.
1965 Chrysler 300 2 Door Coupe

"bin laden"

Bncrs.Eye.Bugin.1.jpg

Little worried about parts. But doesnt seem like it needs to many. The biggest issue is that dent on tbe rear , if the chassis is bent the headlights won't ever be able to be straight
Parts are always going to be a PITA but there's no way that hit in the back bent anything serious. Besides, mechanical and no holes first, straighter stuff later.

At least shipping isn't going to rape you with that one. Lookin at the firewall, it looks like it was a white car originally and someone painted it? What's under the black on the wheel wells, white? If so that would explain the white on the dash. And OMG, that dash is trashed! IDK if Just Dashes redo 300 dashes or not, anybody? Outside RR mirror, rear bumper, trim repair. Looks like a solid project. Puttin that to a all black bad boy would look cool though. Good Luck

At least shipping isn't going to rape you with that one. Lookin at the firewall, it looks like it was a white car originally and someone painted it? What's under the black on the wheel wells, white? If so that would explain the white on the dash. And OMG, that dash is trashed! IDK if Just Dashes redo 300 dashes or not, anybody? Outside RR mirror, rear bumper, trim repair. Looks like a solid project. Puttin that to a all black bad boy would look cool though. Good Luck

Yeah good catch. The owner told me the car has been painted , used to be white. Not sure what's going on with the wheel welds... I figured Chrysler at least has after market wheel welds, ????? ...right?

Wanted to get engine pulled while doing a full paint job. All black or black with red interior maybe? Idk still have to go check the car out first , waiting for the owner to send me pics of under .. and the frame

The trim looks all there just missing that rear faceplate ....

I've found a few other Chryslers (about a few months ) not sure how legitimate this website is or if these ads are real.

The green one looks real good

1967 Chrysler Newport for sale near Cadillac, Michigan 49601 - Classics on Autotrader

Well, I'm obviously biased, but this is the one I would chase some more.

Green is not my favorite color, but this green interior was Newport Custom only.

You won't see another like this at any show/cruise-in.

I bought my first Newp in 2004. Since then, I've seen 5 at all of the places I been.

For whatever reason, the '67 Newport seems to be the red-headed step child of a red-headed step child.

Just another reason why it's my favorite car.

At first glance, it seems like a solid car for a better price.

Hope the input helps.

John

Well, I'm obviously biased, but this is the one I would chase some more.

Green is not my favorite color, but this green interior was Newport Custom only.

You won't see another like this at any show/cruise-in.

I bought my first Newp in 2004. Since then, I've seen 5 at all of the places I been.

For whatever reason, the '67 Newport seems to be the red-headed step child of a red-headed step child.

Just another reason why it's my favorite car.

At first glance, it seems like a solid car for a better price.

Hope the input helps.

John

That one is really nice. Just not sure if the ad is fake or not , it's been there for over a few months now.

Where's the crankshaft bolt so I can check to see if the motor turns over by hand? And is counter clockwise or clockwise?

Sooooo the owner just sent me this picture, not sure how easy this is to fix?????????

I used to paint tugboats and this kind of rust was a pita, can I just get a welder to cut that out and weld on some sheet metal?

IMG950163.jpg

Not a fun repair, and it looks like they put a wrong piece of trim in there too - has someone else repaired this in the past?? If so, the repair just got a whole lot worser.

Appears to be the trim from the other side.
That was my first thought with the angles visible but it was just easier and guaranteed accurate to say it's not the correct piece. Either way, why was it off if not for repairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back