Wyatt is selling out

I believe the offramp started when the question was asked why did Wyatt sell his older cars and then it spun out of control from there. It seems most of us are smitten by these outstanding Challenger and Charger vehicles - a triumph of the end or an era, brilliant execution, great performance, great styling and just quality vehicles all around. The question therefore comes up whether we should consider making the same choice.

We each have a potential choice to make here, let the past go and focus on the future or the alternate. I am too old personally to wait for these to become then next Daytonas or Superbirds.

Last edited:
Our government and media spew a lot of propaganda for the gullible masses. Most of it is garbage. The fossil fuel oil and gas industry is what made this country great and what will keep it great for a long time yet to come. It has created the strongest middle class in the world which is the key to this country's success. By providing highly skilled, highly paid jobs/careers, we have built an empire that the elites in our own government and around the world would love to and are trying to destroy. Climate change is the biggest hoax ever pulled in the world. Oh I'll grant that we need to continue to work towards cleaner emissions but the industry has made great strides towards that goal and will continue to do so with oil and gas providing the core of our energy needs. Think of most of climate change as a scheme for elites to gain power and money, that is all.

When new technologies are introduced that is when prices are the highest but as a little time and competition take place, prices come down dramatically and with EVs, it is already starting. The prices of EVs will also come down because new technologies have the most room for considerable improvement in a short period of time.

I believe you guys that think EVs are going to be high priced in the not too very distant future are out of touch with what is going on in the industry currently. The future of batteries is not todays technology, rather it is solid state technology and it will likely be here before 2030. Todays EVs are high priced because they are new and the well-heeled can afford to buy the first ones out, but the profit margins on these cars are currently through the roof. I would strongly suggest you look at this video to see what the reality today really is and just how much money Tesla, for one, is making off of their EVs. It is eye-popping.

One thing you also overlook is how much less maintenance is required over the life time of the power trains/mechanical systems on these cars. If you really think about it, there is very little to go wrong on EVs in terms of their power trains or maintenance required either.

Also, almost every major automaker has stated they will be completely phased out of gasoline vehicles by 2030 to 2035.

This Tesla is a butt-ugly car. Looks like a jelly bean.

What's going on in the industry right now related to the EV evolution is that too many people are looking at these alternative forms of transportation through their rose-colored glasses.
The additional costs both individually and environmentally of transitioning to a nationwide transformation to EV's are far more significant than continued usage of fossil fuels.
Nobody is talking about the natural resources it takes to create a single EV, or the hazardous disposal that we will face in the future. Where are all those people? Only talking point most see is "it will save on fuel costs" or "its clean energy".
America has one the cleanest air quality numbers in the industrialized the world, and we're constantly told by our leaders that we must eliminate fossil fuels, while all the political hacks who keep lining their pockets know very well that China is the biggest polluter of all.

[/URL]

Operating an EV is becoming more costly than an ICE vehicle, and the further we lean towards the dependency of electricity, the suppliers of electricity will gain further control of their monopolies and squeeze even more of the hard-earned dollars out of our pockets. Sure, oil companies can do the same and charge more, but fuel, for the most part by the average consumer, is used to move our vehicles from point A to point B.
On the other hand, the use of electricity encompasses far more resources we use on a daily basis. With the added dependency on EV's, we can only expect it will force everyone to change their daily routines, that will only further reduce our freedoms.
As many are aware, just recently in the green capital of the United States, the governor of California asked its residents to refrain from charging their electric vehicles because of deficiencies in the power grid, and probably some other political factors as well.

When I look at the big picture, all I see with everyone running out to get on the EV bandwagon with some getting rid their ICE vehicle to go with an EV, and not even taking into consideration the weak infrastructure of our grid, I wonder if they ever heard of the old adage of putting the cart before the horse.

Governor Gavin Newsom urges Californians to "do their part" and limit energy use -

I think it's great Elon is making a ton of money selling the Tesla model. Capitalism at its best. His increase in Telsa's profits probably saw an additional bump when he moved from CA to TX.

Anybody can believe what they want, but there's always two sides to every story.
Quote: "When I look at the big picture, all I see with everyone running out to get on the EV bandwagon with some getting rid their ICE vehicle to go with an EV, and not even taking into consideration the weak infrastructure of our grid, I wonder if they ever heard of the old adage of putting the cart before the horse."

Yes, and that is and has been the problem with Americans for many decades now. (I can criticize Americans because I am one, born and lived here all my life). Far too many of us want to be cool, popular and trendsetting. So we jump on the newest bandwagon no matter the consequences. Far too many Americans do not use their heads and brains to think, they just use their emotions to "feel". Not a good course of action. If more people would learn to think and reason and plan ahead for the long term, our nation would be in a hell of a lot better shape than it is now.

Was Elvira a 440 car? That was the sexiest one of the bunch, apologies to Polara Dave's car. Does anyone know where this one went?

fb_img_1661899506869-jpg.555153

It looks like it was an AC car as well. I hope whoever owns it brings it to Carlisle, I've never seen it in person.

So.. Wyatt went EV?? Lol
Not a chance. :lol:
Too busy having fun with this....
ScatPack19.jpg

....and these still in his stable.
The TX9 vert
W02.jpg

Servprolara.

W05.jpg

W03.jpg

Turquois getting an upgrade...
W04.jpg

a future wild build is the plan for this one....
W01.jpg

Only car that's gone is Dave's old car, and it went to a good home.

Any chance you can get Wyatt to come back to the board? I tried with Dave, but he is off the c body grid.

Any chance you can get Wyatt to come back to the board?

Sorry, but I don't have any pull with the mods on this site. If not mistaken, both were banned for life by the owner here.
Honestly, I don't know if either Wyatt or Dave have any interest in rejoining FCBO since being banned.
Yeah, they're both missed, and contributed plenty to this site. They can be easily reached on other forums or social media platforms.
I'm sure they'd be happy to hear from you.

Not a chance. :lol:
Too busy having fun with this....
View attachment 578555
....and these still in his stable.
The TX9 vert
View attachment 578556
Servprolara.

View attachment 578557

View attachment 578558

Turquois getting an upgrade...
View attachment 578559
a future wild build is the plan for this one....
View attachment 578560

Only car that's gone is Dave's old car, and it went to a good home.

How did Wyatt get his TX9 vert to shine so nicely? I assume he didn't do the body work needed yet or repaint it but maybe he did. Did it really polish up that well from as received?

Yes. He was buffing that car at 2am outside the hotel on Wednesday night at Carlisle.
Wow, I am impressed given how it looked when he bought it.

I am not surprised at all though that he was buffing it out at 2 AM the night before Carlisle though. When he visited me back in 2018 out here in California, he really impressed me with his "gung ho" get it done attitude. Very capable guy. I do wish him the very best.

Sorry for the OT, but whose car is the maroon ’70 NYer lurking behind? Any chance it would be for sale?

78422758-A89D-4730-94B8-1D270E573CFE.jpeg

Back